Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today unveiled a new trailer for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, which details the Expansion Pass that will allow players to continue their fight for Mordor with all-new Orc tribes and story campaigns. The Expansion Pass includes the following downloadable content:
Butcher Tribe Nemesis Expansion
- The ferocious tribe of slayers invade Mordor with new missions, epic and legendary orcs, intense showdowns and battles – brought to life through the Nemesis system.
- New Butcher Stronghold with Overlord Throne Room, Monuments and Outposts.
- Players hunt the legendary orcs of the slaughter tribe for new legendary gear with more upgrade challenges.
- Slayer Orcs are the most bloodthirsty Orcs of Mordor. At any moment, they can ambush the players, presenting a new, deadly challenge.
- Available from November 2017.
Bandit Tribe Nemesis Expansion
- The proud bandit tribe rises in Mordor with new missions, epic and legendary orcs, intense showdowns and battles – brought to life through the Nemesis system.
- New bandit stronghold with overlord throne room, monuments and outposts.
- Players hunt the legendary orcs of the bandit tribe for new legendary gear with more upgrade challenges.
- The bandit tribe is home to the most rebellious warriors in orc society. They are misfits who deeply despise all those who seek to rule them – be they foreign invaders or rulers of Mordor (whether dark or light).
- Available from December 2017.
Galadriel’s Blade Story Expansion
- Play as Eltariel, an elite assassin known as Galadriel’s Blade, and face off against the new addition to the ranks of the Nazgûl.
- Wield Eltariel’s Elven Blades and harness the Light of Galadriel along with a host of deadly new combat abilities, skills and gear.
- Encounter memorable new Nemesis characters like Flint, Tinder, and the Slayer of the Dead as you battle the Nazgûl and learn more secrets about their past.
- Obtain eight unique legendary Orcs that can return to join your forces in the main campaign, with new abilities bestowed by the Nemesis system.
- Unlockable Eltariel character skin for the main campaign.
- Available from February 2018.
The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
- Play as Baranor, the captain of Minas Ithil and survivor of the city’s fall, in a new story expansion where players lead the human forces against a new orc threat to the east.
- Meet Torvin the Dwarf Hunter to craft powerful new battle gear, including a shield, gauntlet, chain and glider.
- Hire mercenaries to create a human army and conquer the brand new desert region of Lithlad.
- Fight for survival in Mordor – as a human without the power of a ring or a spirit to avoid death – in a new campaign mode.
- Unlockable Baranor character skin for the main campaign.
- Available from May 2018.
The expansion pass is available individually at a recommended retail price (RRP) of €39.99 and in the Middle-earth: Shadow of War Gold Edition included at an RRP of €109.99. The Butcher Tribe Archenemy Expansion, Bandit Tribe Archenemy Expansion, and Galadriel’s Blade Story Expansion are available individually at an RRP of €14.99 each. The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion is available individually at an RRP of €19.99. In addition, there will be regular free content updates for all players.
An update to the latest Middle-earth: Shadow of War-Player and in-game stats are here!
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is available for Xbox One, Windows 10 PC (Windows Store), Steam, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro. Xbox One X expansions will be available when the console launches on November 7th.
Set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth: Shadow of War is an open-world action RPG that continues the storyline of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor. Players will immerse themselves in a rich, expansive, and more personalized world filled with epic heroes and villains, familiar locations, well-known enemies, personalities, and new characters with stories never heard before.
More information about the game can be found on the official website!