Need for Speed™ Unbound is the latest installment in the Need for Speed™ franchise from Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and Criterion Games™. The game makes street racing dreams come true as players try to outsmart the cops and prove they have what it takes to win The Grand: Lakeshore’s ultimate street racing challenge. Need for Speed Unbound features a unique visual style that combines elements of street art with the most realistic cars in franchise history. The single-player campaign thrills and thrills with a story that lets players tear through the town of Lakeshore as they drive the world’s most popular performance cars. Players can collect, upgrade and tune these cars to race their way to the top. Need for Speed Unbound is built for the current generation of platforms and runs for the first time in the series at 4K resolution at 60 FPS. The game will be released on December 2, 2022 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.
“Need for Speed Unbound is about self-expression, risk-taking and disrupting the status quo by being completely you: with your racing style, unique car builds, fashion, music and much more,” said Kieran Crimmins, Creative Director at Criterion Games. “We want to create an authentic universe where players see themselves represented. The visual experience of Unbound uses graffiti and gives the world even more of its own face.”
On to the top
Need for Speed Unbound presents players with choices that have consequences, with clear risks and rewards at every race. Players discover the world of Lakeshore as a family garage heist drives two friends apart and a rookie driver embarks on a journey to win the ultimate street race and recover the priceless stolen car. Need for Speed Unbound Features:
- The world as a canvas: Graffiti comes to life in a reimagined Need for Speed Unbound. Players can get started with a brand new toolkit full of audiovisual effects, such as Burst Nitrous, which rewards players with a stylish boost that reflects how they drive.
- The street is yours: The more players race, the more Heat they build up. Be faster or outsmart the cops with new escape mechanics to take control of the chase, earn rewards or face the consequences if you get caught.
- Self-expression and style: Hundreds of cosmetic items, including exclusive licensed items from innovative names in the fashion world. Tuning companies offer players endless opportunities to not only equip their car, but also showcase their personal style in the game.
- Go with the flow: hit the gas pedal to an energetic hip-hop soundtrack from artists from around the world. This soundtrack is directed by versatile artist, entrepreneur, actor and fashion kingpin A$AP Rocky and his creative agency AWGE. The reveal trailer also features the world premiere of A$AP Rocky’s brand new track “Sh*ttin’ Me”.
- Takeover Scene with A$AP Rocky: A$AP Rocky appears in-game as the leader of the Takeover Scene, a new replayable mode that brings the community together to take over parts of the city. AWGE has also acted as creative consultants for the game.
Need for Speed Unbound is available for pre-order until November 29, 2022*. Players who pre-order the game now will receive an exclusive pack of Unbound content including decals, a license plate and $150,000 Bank in their wallet when they join multiplayer for the first time and much more.
Need for Speed Unbound will be released on December 2, 2022 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via the EA app, Origin, Steam, and the Epic Game Store for $69.99. The Need for Speed Unbound Palace Edition, a deluxe version created in collaboration with Palace Skateboards, offers players exclusive content including four tuned cars, a clothing pack, decals, a license plate, a character pose and banner design for €79 .99. More information about this edition will follow later.
Early access through EA Play
All EA Play members will receive early access to Need for Speed Unbound. EA Play Pro members will get unlimited access to the Need for Speed Unbound Palace Edition starting November 29, while EA Play members will get access to a 10-hour early access trial several days before release.
The race does not end when the game is launched. The world of Lakeshore never stands still, thanks in part to multiple free post-launch content updates. Expect new features, content drops and much more. More information on post-launch content will be announced soon.