New Nintendo Direct Mini showcases huge amount of Nintendo Switch games for 2020.
Over the past NintendoDirect Mini Nintendo has put a spotlight on all kinds of games coming to the Nintendo Switch come. Some of those games are already available! The video contained thrilling RPGs like Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition and BRAVELY DEFAULT II; classic franchises like Borderlands,XCOM 2 and BioShock, coming to a Nintendo system for the first time; remakes of popular games like Burnout Paradise Remastered and Panzer Dragoon: Remake; and games that are perfect for both casual and seasoned games, such as Good Job!, 51 Worldwide Games and Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
The Nintendo Direct Mini also revealed new content for already available Nintendo Switch games, such as a free update for Ring Fit Adventure and more info on the paid DLC of pokemon sword and pokemon shield. In addition, it was announced that the first fighter of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2 comes from ARMS.
Go to https://www.nintendo.nl/nintendodirect to watch the video again. Here are some highlights from the video:
- Good Job!: In this crazy game from Nintendo, you have to complete hilarious and challenging tasks in an office building. It doesn’t matter how you get the job done, as long as you get it done, on your own or in two player mode.* Good Job! Available today from Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.
- MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black OrderExpansion Pass – Pack 3: It’s Doctor Doom vs. The Fantastic Four when MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order Expansion Pass – Pack 3: Fantastic Four: Shadow of Doom releases today for Nintendo Switch. The new pack adds the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom as playable characters in a new story campaign. The Expansion Pass**, which also includes Pack 1 and Pack 2, is available from Nintendo eShop.
- Update for Ring Fit Adventure: A free update for Ring Fit Adventure will be released later today. The update brings the new Rhythm Play mode, an option to choose a female voice and change the language of the in-game voice, and more. In the Rhythm Game you can move to music tracks Ring Fit Adventure itself, as well as songs from other popular Nintendo games, including Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The update can be downloaded from today.
- Shinsekai: Into the Depths: In this deep-sea adventure, players must collect items to improve their equipment, craft items and dive even deeper into the abyss. As the players explore increasingly mysterious areas, they must monitor their oxygen and pressure levels to survive. Shinsekai: Into the Depths releases today for Nintendo Switch.
- Panzer Dragoon: Remake: In this remake of the classic dragon game, players must pilot the Blue Dragon through breathtaking landscapes, battling massive creatures and deadly battleships with 360° controls and lock-on targeting. Panzer Dragoon: Remake launches first on Nintendo Switch today as a time-limited console exclusive.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy: Enter Luke Skywalker’s Jedi Academy to learn to control the Force! Players will be able to customize their Jedi and battle online with up to 16 players when Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy launches today for Nintendo Switch.
Released in 2020
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition: The original Xenoblade Chronicles, in which the popular Shulk made his debut, comes to Nintendo Switch with a new epilogue, Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected. This definitive edition of the RPG looks and plays smoother than ever before. The different menus are easy to read and use. Some music tracks have been remastered or remixed. Dive into the beautiful world of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition when the game launches for Nintendo Switch on May 29. Also released on the same day is the Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition – Collector’s Edition, which includes a 250-page artbook of breathtaking landscapes, a SteelBook, a vinyl with the Monado depicted on the cover, and a poster. Early purchasers can pre-order the game from Nintendo eShop today and receive Gold Points worth 5% of the amount paid.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: Now that Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been released for the Nintendo Switch, the first event is just around the corner. Between April 1 and 12, islanders can participate in Rabbit Day. During this event you can look for eggs that Zipper has hidden and then make special items out of them. The next free update will be released at the end of April and will add the Earth Day***** event. follow the Animal Crossing Twitter account to stay fully up to date with the game.
- Expansion pass from pokemon sword and pokemon shield: The new Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass adds the lush Isle of Armor and the snow-capped Crown Tundra to Galar. On the Isle of Armor, Trainers can visit a new Pokémon battle dojo to hone their skills. By training in this dojo, you will receive the legendary Pokémon Kubfu from Master Mustard. Training with Kubfu will grant you permission to enter the Towers of Two Fists on the Isle of Armor. Once you pass the trials in one of the two towers, Kubfu evolves into Urshifu. In addition to new clothing and hairstyles, new backgrounds, effects and frames are also added for league cards. The first part of the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass, The Isle of Armor, will be released at the end of June. In the future, we will provide more information about the Crown Tundra, the second part of the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass. The Expansion Pass grants access to the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra as soon as they are released and is available from Nintendo eShop for €29.99.*
- BRAVELY DEFAULT II: In this sequel to the original BRAVELY DEFAULT the four new Heroes of Light embark on a grand and glorious adventure as they are guided by the Elemental Crystals. Like the first game, BRAVELY DEFAULT II features a combat system with an emphasis on strategy. Players must decide when to attack (Brave) or wait for the right moment to strike (Default). With beautiful places to visit and new jobs to take on and combine, BRAVELY DEFAULT II brings another epic RPG to Nintendo Switch. You can download a demo of the game today.
- A treasure trove of 2K games: Several games from publisher 2K coming to Nintendo Switch on May 29, including sci-fi classic XCOM 2 Collection – which includes XCOM 2, 4 DLC packs and the expansion War of the Chosen – as well Borderland Legendary Collection, which includes the original Borderlands, Borderlands 2, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. 2K also brings the acclaimed BioShock series to Nintendo Switch, with BioShock Remastered, BioShock 2 Remastered and BioShock Infinite: The Complete Editionas well BioShock: The Collectionwhich bundles all three games into one package.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: The first fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass Vol. 2 comes from the Nintendo Switch game ARMS! The fighter will be announced and released in June.
- 51 Worldwide Games: Match 4, Mankala, Racetrack, Sliding Puzzle and Poker… that’s just a selection of 51 games from around the world bundled into 51 Worldwide Games. Some games can be played with others, including options to play locally*** or online**** with up to four players. 51 Worldwide Games will be released on June 5 for the Nintendo Switch. The game can be pre-ordered from today. If you pre-order the game, you will receive gold points worth 5% of the amount paid.
- Burnout Paradise Remastered: 10 years after its original release, the fast-paced racing game is back as a remastered version. Tear through the streets, pull off spectacular stunts and leave a trail of automotive destruction behind when Burnout Paradise Remastered comes to Nintendo Switch in 2020.
- fuser: Play as a DJ in this rhythm game from Harmonix, the makers of Rock Band. Fuser will be released this fall for the Nintendo Switch.
- King’s Bounty II: Since 1990, the King’s Bounty series has influenced the evolution of Western RPGs. With this sequel, the series is back with a fresh style and new approach. In King’s Bounty II, the graphics are more realistic, the choices you make as a player are more decisive and there is a new character development system. King’s Bounty II will be released for Nintendo Switch in Winter 2020.
- Ninjala: In this free-to-play game, up to eight players**** compete against each other to earn points and claim victory. Players can sprint through levels like ninjas, disguise themselves and use a variety of weapons such as hammers, katanas and yo-yos. Show that you are the best in free-for-all battles or team up in four-on-four matches. Ninjala sneaks onto Nintendo Switch on May 27.
- Catherine: Full Body: The unique puzzle adventure game comes to Nintendo Switch as Catherine: Full Body, a remake of the original game. Climb a tower of blocks and dive into an emotional, intense and seductive story when Catherine: Full Body launches for Nintendo Switch on July 7.
- Star Wars Episode I: Racer: Get into a pod racer and go for first place in Star Wars Episode I: Racer, coming soon to Nintendo Switch.
More games are coming to Nintendo Switch in the coming months, including Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (27 March), Trials of Mana (Apr 24), The Elder Scrolls: Blades (spring 2020), Minecraft Dungeons (spring 2020), Warhammer 40,000: Mechanic (May), MR. DRILLER DrillLand (25 June), The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (June 30) and vigor (autumn 2020).
There are so many great games available for the Nintendo Switch, so the Wish List in Nintendo eShop can be a great way to keep track of which games you want to play. To make things even easier for you, you can now also add games to your Nintendo Switch wishlist via the official Nintendo website. For more information about this new functionality, please visit the Nintendo Switch Wish List page on our website.