New screenshots of the remastered version of Dead Island from the Dead Island Definitive Collection!.
This selection of new screenshots showcases a mix of iconic, gory gameplay and the beautiful environments of Banoi, showcasing the high quality players can expect from Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide as both games are rebuilt on Techland’s next-gen engine .
Rebuilding both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide on Techland’s next-gen engine brings significant visual & performance improvements, including many advanced visual effects that the current generation enables:
- Higher quality textures: The textures have been recreated in a higher resolution and their quality has been improved on all fronts
- Photorealistic new lighting system: The lighting system in the game has been greatly improved, making the beautiful tropical environments look much more lifelike
- Physically based shading: Based on the latest version of the Chrome Engine, new physically based shading techniques have been realized that give the models and objects in the game a more beautiful appearance, because they react more realistically to different lighting conditions.
- Image improvements via anti-aliasing: The addition of more advanced anti-aliasing means console players can now experience Dead Island without any ugly “jaggies” – making the whole game look better
- Improved game models and geometry assets: All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) have been significantly improved in quality
- HBOO and motion blur effects: The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds an extra layer of depth and realism to the world through a better implementation of object shadows, while brand new motion blur effects give the game experience a more cinematic feel
- Custom user interface: The updated user interface provides a more consistent look and feel for Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide, so that the experience of both games more closely matches each other
- Tailored for current-gen consoles: The Dead Island Definitive Collection naturally takes advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
- Power Fists Power Up: Finally, the unofficial, but very popular Power Fists PC mod has also made its way to both products. Blast your way through the chaos with this craziest power-up ever!
But wait there’s more! Entirely new and adding a pleasantly rancid aftertaste to the mix of flesh-wrenching zombie mayhem is the side-scrolling/endless runner action game Dead Island Retro Revenge!
Dead Island Retro Revenge features in brief:
- Retro look with melee based combat
- Includes leaderboards, achievements and surprising depth
- Attack zombies with power-ups, super attacks and a combo system
Dead Island Definitive Collection is a compilation consisting of Dead Island Definitive Edition and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition and also includes Dead Island Retro Revenge for free! The compilation will be available both in stores and digitally for a suggested retail price of € 39.99.
At the same time, Dead Island Definitive Edition and Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition are both coming available separately and as a digital download for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and PC for a suggested retail price of €19.99.
Each of the three titles, including the compilation Dead Island Definitive Collection launch on May 31, 2016 for Xbox One, PlayStation and Windows PC.
For more information, visit http://deadisland.deesilver.com.
|release:||May 31, 2016|
|platforms:||PS4, Xbox One, PC|
|SRP:||€39.99 (Definitive Collection)
€19.99 (Definitive Editions)