Available since April 1, the opening of the Outriders servers has not been smooth and has since caused discontent among players. Between untimely disconnection, unplayable crossplay and disintegrating inventory, there’s plenty to be frustrated about, especially for a co-op shooter-looter.
People Can Fly nevertheless wants to be reactive, in addition to listening to their community, the developers are working to send many patches, and the first is coming next week.
The deployment of this patch is scheduled for next weekas we plan to use the current week to identify as many serious issues as possible, resolve them, and then thoroughly test the changes across all platforms.
So much the better, but what interests us most with this next patch, which you can find in full here, is that it should make matchmaking more stable, in addition to correcting many crashes.
- Fixed a multiplayer crash that could cause player inventories to be cleared
- Fixed a crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest
- Fixed a crash that occurs in “No Man’s Land” when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know that. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Fixed a crash when launching
- The patch also includes many other “random” crash fixes
Despite everything, in its Reddit posts, the studio moderates on the resolution of certain problems which, according to them, will be partly corrected with the patch, but will require other interventions. This will notably be the case for the pure and simple disappearance of the players’ inventory and therefore their equipment, which can only be restored on a date that has not yet been determined and after following the problem more closely, as it is not yet very/too widespread.
We believe that the appearance of this bug should be significantly reduced once the next patch is released. With the many crash fixes in place, we intend to execute an exceptional mass restoration
Finally, to be forgiven, and to thank the loyalty of its community, People Can Fly offers a dose of in-game bonuses:
- All players who played between March 31 and April 11 are eligible
- All players outside of the above window, but for whom we have performed an auto-restore due to inventory clearing, are also eligible.
- Your highest level character will receive: a legendary weapon suitable for level and titanium
- The “Frustration” emote, which is otherwise unobtainable at this time. The irony here was unintentional, but it is appropriate
As a reminder, Outriders is available on PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS5 and Xbox Series and offers (when it doesn’t crash) crossplay. On our side, if you want to know everything, our test is in progress and should not take too long to arrive. What do you want, we do things well at JVL! Well, let’s try anyway.