We already knew Irish and his deployable shield, Boris and his turret, Maria the medic, Casper the recon and Mackay and his grapple, the last four were also playable during the beta opening at the beginning of October.
Battlefield 2042 will have around ten specialists at its launch, so today EA and DICE are giving us an overview of the last 5 agents who will complete the roster for the release still set for November 19 on PS5, Xbox Series, PC as well as PS4 and Xbox One.
- Navin Rao, Technology Specialist having the ability to remotely hack into vehicles and soldiers to scramble their field tools and glean information. In addition, he can also play with the environment by activating, also remotely, several things such as doors or defensive plots.
- Santiago “DOZER” Espinoza, mountain on leg which, in addition to passively having increased resistance to explosive damage, can be equipped with a ballistic shield that can also be used to charge the opponent. A total brute.
- Emma “SUNDANCE” Rosier is the little French girl in the group. The beauty will have the possibility of deploying a wingsuit to cut through the air instead of her parachute and will also be able to count on a pair of special grenades and explosive mini-drones capable of tracking down vehicles, just that.
- Constantin “ANGEL” Anghel is a true all-terrain support can provide a good number of ammunition and armor to its allies in addition to having the ability to revive them very quickly while providing them with armor plates. An indispensable future without a doubt.
- Ji-Soo Paik brings up the rear with his recognition perks allowing her to highlight the positions of enemies around her through walls, as well as passively triangulate the position of shooters targeting her.
It remains to be seen what these ten drastically different specialists will offer in terms of experience through their gameplay and their balancing. At 128 on a battlefield, quite honestly, it could be a mess. Case to follow.