Even if the Call of Duty saga loses a little of its splendor over the years, it nonetheless remains an essential phenomenon in the world of video games. For this, Activision does not hesitate to put in the resources with its Call of Duty World League Championship which allows the best players in its title to win up to two million dollars.
To be sure to maintain even more attention, the publisher is taking advantage of this championship to organize an event which will be held from September 2 to 4 in Los Angelesduring which we will be able to discover and play a preview of the Multiplayer modes of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered as well as the new downloadable content for Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
In addition to this entire program, many additional activities will be organized on the theme of the saga and we thus discover that the latter will make a passage into the world of VR. For the moment, it is impossible to know if this prank will remain confined to the event organized by the publisher or if this is a feature that will be included in the final version when it is released.
The rest of the Call of Duty XP activities include:
- An immersive experience around PlayStation VR in which fans will be able to feel the sensation of piloting their own Jackal, the fighter plane from Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- A question-and-answer session in the presence of developers from Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Sledgehammer.
- A museum on the Call of Duty franchise and its arsenal
- A photocall as well as immersive Call of Duty experiences
- A surprise artist
- Many other activities which will be announced later
Tickets for Call of Duty XP are available in 3 price categories and will go on sale from 7 p.m. PST on June 11:
- Enrollment Ticket: $49* – Three days of access to the Call of Duty World League championship, presented by PlayStation 4 as well as access to Call of Duty XP activities and games.
- Veteran Ticket: $129* – Three days of access to the Call of Duty World League championship, presented by PlayStation 4 as well as access to activities and games from Call of Duty XP, the Legacy edition of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare as well as an exclusive Care Package in Call of Duty XP colors.
- Prestige Ticket: $199* – A program of activities and games, VIP access to activities as well as access to the VIP lounge, meetings with players, a parking pass, a premium seat for the Call of Duty multiplayer reveal : Infinite Warfare and for the Call of Duty World League Championship, presented by PlayStation 4, a Digital Deluxe version of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and an exclusive Care Package in the colors of Call of Duty XP.
It is worth noting that all tickets will include bonus digital content for Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, which includes an Operator card and weapon camo for each game.