A streamer faced the challenge of being banned in Counter Strike 2 for using a console command. You can, if you wish, do the same trick to get permanently banned from the CS2 beta.
Counter Strike 2 could be one of the biggest releases in 2023. While we don’t know exactly when the game will be released, even though we have some clues, the first bans are already in the books. The one we have here might be the funniest yet.
CS2 Streamer is banned for using a console command
Getting banned for cheating is one thing, getting banned for exploiting a console command is another. A few days ago, Counter Strike community legend Don Hac1 posted a tweet about people being banned for using a console command that lets you turn 180 degrees with the press of a button.
Several people messaged me saying they were banned by VAC for using an unprotected console command that lets you turn 180 degrees instantly, be aware of running random commands you don’t know about the goal.
– Hac1 (@DonHaci) September 15, 2023
What constituted a warning to most members of the community, to Twitter user Poggu it was an opportunity. An opportunity to do something extremely fun. He definitely lived up to that standard. So he started his stream on Twitch and started playing the CS2 limited test. It only took him 18 minutes to get banned.
Or “definitely unreliable,” as it says in the feed. These rogue bans will later turn into VAC (Valve Anti Cheat) bans and will not be lifted at all, according to a Steam chat post from former community moderator ianskate.
Poggu’s Steam profile now shows a “game ban” from 3 days ago. This will likely later turn into a VAC ban. Oddly enough, Poggu was only banned after writing in chat that he was “cheating.” One of his classmates continued to denounce him following the chat message.
That’s when his game stopped and he received the “global cooldown” banner at the top of the main menu. So it seems that ACC flagged it for acting very quickly and was waiting for a report to verify that this was abnormal behavior and not some sort of network code error.
He took the funny side. Poggu then posted a TikTok-style video of his ban with a sped-up version of Tom Odell’s Another Love playing in the background and a “fly high Poggu” banner on screen throughout the video.
– Poggu (@poggu__) September 16, 2023
Even though it was hilarious, his account with over 3000 hours of gameplay is banned and his inventory, with chests, skins and stickers, all gaining value, is locked forever. So, it doesn’t look too good for Poggu. And you shouldn’t do things like that either. Do not cheat, do not use exploits of any kind, or use commands that look like cheats and will be flagged as such by Valve’s Anti Cheat. Yeah, VAC isn’t good, but he doesn’t sleep.
This post contains affiliate links marked with (shopping symbol). These links may earn us a small commission under certain conditions. This never affects the price of the products for you.
Sophie Turner reveals she found out ex Joe Jonas filed for divorce ‘through the MEDIA’ – as she accuses him of LYING in court documents and blindsiding her with a split after a bitter argument that triggered “a very rapid breakdown of the marriage”
- Forget about looking for a place to charge your phone: take a 10,000 mAh Redmi Power Bank for the price of going to the cinema
- The president of Iberdrola, Sánchez Galán, joins the UNICEF Global Council of Leaders
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth revealed: what is it like to play with Sephiroth, what is the size of the game and the advantages if you played the Remake
- A cyber attack affected the main casinos in the world. A week later, they still cannot open rooms with a card
- Dragon Ball Super completely changed Pan in the manga: Gohan’s daughter that we saw in Super Hero is no longer the same in the pages of Toyotaro
- ‘Ahsoka’: what are the Sisters of the Night, the Star Wars witches who were born from an “androicide”
- That photo of Macron being attacked is nothing more than the latest example of social manipulation through AI photorealism
- Protein fever has invaded supermarkets. The problem is how they suggest we take protein
- The future of this MMO classic is up in the air, but it looks like it could return: EverQuest 3 sounds louder than ever
- Your game of Baldur’s Gate 3 is connected to Planescape Torment, and every game ever created, through the new D&D
- Fight with Sephiroth and collect Materia in the new adaptation of Final Fantasy VII Remake as a board game
- Ubisoft confirms The Division 3. The shooter saga will return with the help of the creative director of Star Wars Outlaws
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio 2 and Surface Laptop Go 3: two laptops that are renewed to continue conquering the market
- Many think that it will be a problem for the future of Xbox, but I think they have won the lottery. Microsoft’s massive leak seems like a unique opportunity to me
- Bloody and crazy, this is what Suda51’s new action game looks like: the creator of No More Heroes surprises again at Tokyo Game Show 2023
- “I didn’t know this could happen.” Your Gaming PC breaks in the most absurd way due to a domino effect of the heat sink
- Our sound experts recommend these five Bluetooth headphones to have on your Prime Day wish list
- “I didn’t want another Marvel movie shot with green screen”: the director of Deadpool 3 made his rejection of excess CGI clear from the beginning
- ‘Luck of Luck’ wants to be a French ‘Match Point’ but Woody Allen’s 50th film settles for rethinking old reflections on love, chance and crime
- ‘Phantom Liberty’ confirms an open secret: ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ has gone from a great fiasco to an excellent game