If Bungie And Activision were full of spirit before the release of Destiny 2, promising a sequel far superior to its elder on crucial points, this episode unfortunately failed to go the distance from the start. Between a lack of risk-taking, an almost copy-paste in the character classes, and above all a still rickety content, this component did not manage to win us over as we could have hoped during our test. Obviously, there are reasons for this…
Jason Schreier of Kotaku unpacked his bag during the last podcast of DTRand you will see it, the development was more than complicated. According to him, the game would have started by losing its game director in the spring of 2016, and the design would have been restarted.
I think Destiny 2 was created in a very short time. There was a major reboot around early 2016. There was another director before Luke Smith (current director) took over. I believe it was April 2016, but my memory may be playing tricks on me. Don’t hold it against me. So if you think about it with that data, they didn’t have a huge amount of time. There was a 16 month period between the reboot and the day the game was finally released..
The most worrying is yet to come and affects the ” Eververse“, the Destiny 2 store that allows you to buy engrams, which is obviously there to replace the DLC, because of the inability of the developers to achieve their ambitions in terms of additional content, namely to offer it every month.
Bungie decided that it was no longer possible to do this (release DLCs every month), that it was too hard, that their tools were difficult to manage. It was difficult for them to design so much content, and that this task was difficult from an overall point of view. It was therefore decided to create less extensive contentand of set up the Eververse in order to make money that way. Activision accepted this proposal, it was part of their new renegotiated contract, and so they no longer needed to produce more content.
Revelations that are unlikely to appease disappointed players, but above all that also raise questions about the future potential of the license. Bungie will he have the desire, the courage to set the table a third time? After all, never two without three! But not sure that the gamers are there this time…
- The inspiration behind ‘IT’, how Stephen King created Pennywise and wrote the great American horror novel
- 3,000 electric cars charged in one day: China’s new megastation offers clues to the future
- Anime fall season 2023: Spy X Family, Shingeki no Kyojin, Tate no Yuusha… Everything you need to know about the most anticipated fall premieres
- Before the new Wolfenstein, this game made me realize that the developers at MachineGames are geniuses. The Darkness
- So you can get this Elite Trainer Box Pokémon TCG with an impressive discount that leaves its price at less than 700 pesos
- This excellent Korean superhero series is sweeping Disney+, becoming its ‘Squid Game’
- The science fiction movie that made you chew your mind for years with one scene. Now you can see it understanding its ending on HBO Max: Origin
- RazerCon 2023 summary and announcements with the imminent Huntsman keyboards and its innovative switch
- In this colorful roguelike you will have to escape from purgatory trying to make a hole in one: Cursed to Golf awaits you on PS Plus
- You may not remember, but GTA has a subscription service. Now Rockstar wants to give it a boost by giving all its members the Definitive Edition games
- iOS 17 makes it a little easier to play Spotify content on your HomePods
- The second generation of the Chosen Children arrive in Spain: Digimon Adventure 02: The Beginning will land in our country this year
- Forget about looking for a place to charge your phone: take a 10,000 mAh Redmi Power Bank for the price of going to the cinema
- The president of Iberdrola, Sánchez Galán, joins the UNICEF Global Council of Leaders
- Final Fantasy VII Rebirth revealed: what is it like to play with Sephiroth, what is the size of the game and the advantages if you played the Remake
- A cyber attack affected the main casinos in the world. A week later, they still cannot open rooms with a card
- Dragon Ball Super completely changed Pan in the manga: Gohan’s daughter that we saw in Super Hero is no longer the same in the pages of Toyotaro
- ‘Ahsoka’: what are the Sisters of the Night, the Star Wars witches who were born from an “androicide”
- That photo of Macron being attacked is nothing more than the latest example of social manipulation through AI photorealism
- Protein fever has invaded supermarkets. The problem is how they suggest we take protein