The special teams of the Laval University Rouge et Or stole the show in the victory against the McGill Redbirds in the second game of the calendar, but they were not as good on Sunday against the Montreal University Carabins.
• Read also: 31-14 defeat of the Rouge et Or against the Carabins: two turnovers that hurt more than the others
• Read also: The Rouge et Or offensive had a difficult day: “we have to look in the mirror, me first”
• Read also: Turnovers sink the Rouge et Or in a 31-14 loss to the Carabins
Despite the two glaring errors at the end of the 4th quarter which led to ten points for the Carabins, Mathieu Bertrand retained the positive. “Before these two games, we played a very good game on special teams,” said the special teams coordinator. Vincent (Blanchard) was solid again and our coverage units performed well.
While the score was 21-14 at the end of the 4th quarter, returner Olivier Cool saw a clearance from Philippe Boyer slip through his arms. On the kickoff following Boyer’s 5th field goal of the day, the Rouge et Or fumbled and the Blues recovered the goal and scored their first offensive touchdown of the game a few plays later.
“Olivier saw a nice opening and he raised his head for a fraction of a second,” explained Bertrand. This is clearly visible on the film. This is a mistake that can happen to anyone. Due to the swirling wind, conditions were not easy for the turners. We even saw it with Carl Chabot who is a four-year veteran.
At the start of the week, Glen Constantin told us that he had sometimes been reluctant in the past to rely on a rookie as a returner because he feared for the protection of the ball.
The confidence of his trainer
Will we see any change during the next game next Saturday at Concordia against the Stingers? “Olivier is a young man full of talent and I have confidence in him,” declared the former star quarterback of the Rouge et Or. “When you fall off a horse, it is important to get back on as quickly as possible. I like to give confidence to my players and it is certain that Olivier will have feedback at Concordia.”
Starting for Sherbrooke in the first game of the season due in particular to the injury of veteran Alex Duff who has since returned to the game, Cool shined against McGill by completing an 81-yard punt return good for a touchdown in addition to catching his first career pass. His great speed had surprised some, including Constantin who did not believe that the product of the Nomades Montmorency was so fast.
In the fairly recent past, the Rouge et Or already counted on a rookie as a returner. “Antoine Dansereau-Leclerc was up for it from his first year,” Bertrand said. Antony Dufour has also been a quick starter in his career.
- The James Webb Space Telescope has just given us another extraordinary image: the home of a ‘baby’ star
- With just 1,699 pesos you can get the monitor for your next Gamer PC on Amazon Mexico and even pay for it in small installments
- Barça has once again broken EA Sports FC. For the second time in just four years, one of their biggest stars will not be in the game for being too young
- A huge protest is coming against the creators of Genshin Impact. The players are very disappointed with the direction of the game and demand changes as soon as possible
- The US has lost an $80 million F-35B Lightning II fighter: it asks for help to find it
- The Pokémon Company International has already opened its offices in Mexico City and this is the position for which you can apply right now
- This is what the Chewbacca actor really said every time his roars were heard in Star Wars
- This challenging stealth game will test your skills and you can get it for less than 200 pesos in its version for PS4
- Be careful if you receive this message on behalf of the SEPE and you are looking for employment: it is a scam that will steal your data
- The best games that cannot be bought because they have disappeared from digital stores. They left an indelible mark and now it is difficult to find them
- Will there be a second season of The Continental? The producer of the John Wick spin-off reveals the future of the series
- The Elder Scrolls 6 will not come to PlayStation: leaked Xbox document at the FTC confirms its exclusivity
- “It will be the RPG I have played the most in my life.” The poor debut of Cyberpunk 2077 has a very positive side effect for some players three years later
- The impressive Kollector’s Edition of Mortal Kombat 1 can now be obtained on Amazon Mexico for the Xbox Series X and PS5 versions
- I have played 200 hours of Starfield and I am very clear about what I would like to see in the future: vehicles, pets and much more
- The “tetraprism” of the iPhone 15 Pro Max is expensive for Apple: it will have to pay more for its availability, according to Kuo
- Alan Moore hates all the adaptations of his DC comics except one about Superman, but almost no one knows it
- The One Piece anime ends the final fight of its largest arc and confirms a record that is difficult to beat
- “It’s the film I most regret having rejected.” Arnold Schwarzenegger still regrets not starring in one of the best action cinema shows of the 90s
- This actor has had his voice ‘stolen’ by an AI after narrating the Harry Potter audiobooks. And he has used it in the middle of the actors’ strike