The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu published an interview with Noriyoshi Fujimoto, the producer of Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Kazuya Niinou, the director. Both shared new information regarding the title:
- The development of Dragon Quest Builders 2 was decided following the success of the first one. Square Enix received a lot of fan request, especially regarding elements that were ultimately unachievable.
- Among them they mentioned the ability to circulate water from high places, the ability to build higherand many have asked a 4-player multiplayer mode.
- In case of a sequel, Square Enix wanted to minimize hardware limitations and make the game right. That’s why they’re developing it on both PS4 and Switch.
- The PS4 version of the game will import saves from the first episode on PS4, PS3 and Vita. For the Switch version, you can also import the data from the first game present in the console. This will give you a special bonus, which will be identical on both platforms.
- Although Square Enix cannot communicate on a possible multiplayer mode yet, they are considering how to implement it, because they want more than “the ability to play with others.” » They they think they will be able to provide a playground in some way.
- Production is in a “trial and error” phase and there would be no time to waste. It’s the game engine update that’s causing the game design to take longer than expected.
- Regarding the scenario, nothing filters for the moment, apart from the fact that a traveler by the name of Malroth will appear. It is a direct reference to Dragon Quest IIbut it will be useless to know his scenario to play Dragon Quest Builders 2.
- Similarly, Square Enix does not yet know if the software will have a link with the original game. However, it will be quite possible to play it without knowing the first episode.
For memoryDragon Quest Builders 2 is in development on PS4 and Switch but does not yet have a release window in the West, it has however been confirmed for Japan, although the date remains unknown for the moment.