The Elder Scrolls 6 release window and platforms have been revealed via an internal document, showing how much longer we’ll have to wait. PlayStation gamers will likely be disappointed.
Starfield was just released and became a big hit for Bethesda and Microsoft. But you know how it is: people always want more. So there’s already a lot of attention on Elder Scrolls 6, Bethesda’s next game.
While it will obviously be a while before the game comes out, we now at least seem to know exactly how long it will take.
Elder Scrolls 6 release window revealed by Microsoft
Elder Scrolls 6 (ES6) was scheduled to be released internally in “2026 or later,” according to a recently leaked document in the FTC lawsuit against Microsoft. This document provides a chart of Bethesda/Zenimax games and how Microsoft plans to handle them after their acquisition.
Based on Microsoft’s responses in the FTC vs. Microsoft case. Elder Scrolls VI listed here under the Xbox and PC names and will be released in 2026 or later.
During his testimony at the hearing, Xbox’s Phil Spencer added that the game had been out for at least five years and the platforms were technically TBD. pic.twitter.com/Kto9bE5U8C
– Stephen Totilo (@stephentotilo) September 18, 2023
During the trial, Elder Scrolls 6 has already become a topic of discussion. At the time, a Microsoft lawyer spoke of a “planned release” for the game in 2026. This appears to come from this document we are seeing now.
However, there is some confusion over the game’s release window. Xbox boss Phil Spencer said during the trial that it would take at least five years for ES6 to be released. This would indicate a release window around 2028, which actually seems more realistic.
Starfield apparently began development in 2015, three years before announcement and eight years before release. However, part of Starfield’s development has been upgrading the Creation Engine, which will likely be used again in ES 6.
So while Microsoft announces a potential launch in 2026, a release window around 2027/2028 still seems more realistic for The Elder Scrolls 6.
PlayStation users will once again be excluded
Another interesting detail of this document concerns the platforms. The Elder Scrolls 6 is not planned for release on PlayStation consoles. One of the columns in the leaked table, titled “Released on PlayStation?” ”, features a big red X for The Elder Scrolls 6.
This shouldn’t come as a huge surprise, as Starfield was already an Xbox exclusive. However, this is now as close to a confirmation that ES6 will follow this trajectory and PlayStation users won’t be getting a new Bethesda game yet again.
This post contains affiliate links marked with (shopping symbol). These links may earn us a small commission under certain conditions. This never affects the price of the products for you.
- The hidden story of how Microsoft tried to buy Nintendo (and ran into an unavoidable obstacle)
- Stellantis wants to manufacture its small electric cars in Zaragoza. On one condition: that they grant him aid
- Run and get this three-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate promotion at a very affordable price
- Esto es todo lo que se está filtrando de Microsoft: nueva Xbox, lanzamiento de The Elder Scrolls VI, remaster de Fallout 3 y más
- The Canary Islands have grown tired of all their bananas being the same banana. That’s why they are blue now.
- The Bank of Spain confirms that our economy will lead growth in Europe in 2023 and 2024
- It’s time to face it, the games now come out a week earlier and more expensive than at the official launch
- This is the true crime that is sweeping Netflix: a torrid and intense miniseries with Úrsula Corberó and Quim Gutiérrez that turns the genre on its head
- Google integrates Bard everywhere in one of the biggest updates to its AI
- There’s something brewing in Titanfall 2, but what are you playing Respawn? The resurgence of the game has released a new mode and the clues go in another direction, towards Apex Legends
- It’s one of the biggest disappointments in recent years but it’s cheaper than ever and for good reason: Marvel’s Avengers will soon leave stores
- 1 in 4 Starfield players on Xbox haven’t tried why the game exists. 25% have not achieved the achievement for jumping into space for the first time
- With this Samsung SSD you will say goodbye to all your space problems: it collapses to its minimum price
- The Champions League starts: schedules and where to watch the matches of the Spanish teams
- Lords of The Fallen answers player questions: crossplay, difficulty, armor customization and more
- ‘One Piece’ breaks its own record with the fight between Kaido and Luffy: the anime reaches one of its most important moments after 10 years of preparation
- Cheap mobile phone with great autonomy: this Honor can be ideal for launching an Android for just 100 euros
- If your child does something wrong on social networks, it can be very expensive with fines of up to 10,000 euros.
- The new Redmi Buds 5 are now official: top-level active noise cancellation and a completely new design
- Keanu Reeves set this great condition to star in John Wick: Chapter 4 that was only 90% fulfilled