The affair caused a stir in Alsace as activists from the environmental movement Extinction Rebellion colored the Lauch river green to denounce the project to store toxic waste in the potash mines of Wittelsheim, with the mayor accusing them of having, by this action caused the death of fish. .
According to Estinction Rebellion, the project would cause heavy damage to French, Swiss and German water tables and could harm plant and animal species, which is why the movement wanted to have an impact and challenge the general public regarding the storage project. nearly 42,000 tonnes of toxic waste in the Wittelsheim potash mines. To do this, they dumped a fluorescent green dye into the waters of the Lauch River.
A dye that is harmless to biodiversity according to activists: “the dye used called fluorescein or uranine is completely harmless to living beings (humans, plants, animals). It is used in ophthalmology, fish farming and by cavers,” he assured. Monday. The mayor of the city of Colmar, however, spoke out in favor of residents who had observed dead fish in the fluorescent green water. “I was alerted by Colmar residents to the presence of dead fish in the Lauch following pollution caused by an environmental movement,” the councilor wrote on Facebook.
The link between the two has not been established but the city has already announced its intention to file a complaint following the action of Extinction Rebellion.
- With just 1,699 pesos you can get the monitor for your next Gamer PC on Amazon Mexico and even pay for it in small installments
- Barça has once again broken EA Sports FC. For the second time in just four years, one of their biggest stars will not be in the game for being too young
- A huge protest is coming against the creators of Genshin Impact. The players are very disappointed with the direction of the game and demand changes as soon as possible
- The US has lost an $80 million F-35B Lightning II fighter: it asks for help to find it
- The Pokémon Company International has already opened its offices in Mexico City and this is the position for which you can apply right now
- This is what the Chewbacca actor really said every time his roars were heard in Star Wars
- This challenging stealth game will test your skills and you can get it for less than 200 pesos in its version for PS4
- Be careful if you receive this message on behalf of the SEPE and you are looking for employment: it is a scam that will steal your data
- The best games that cannot be bought because they have disappeared from digital stores. They left an indelible mark and now it is difficult to find them
- Will there be a second season of The Continental? The producer of the John Wick spin-off reveals the future of the series
- The Elder Scrolls 6 will not come to PlayStation: leaked Xbox document at the FTC confirms its exclusivity
- “It will be the RPG I have played the most in my life.” The poor debut of Cyberpunk 2077 has a very positive side effect for some players three years later
- The impressive Kollector’s Edition of Mortal Kombat 1 can now be obtained on Amazon Mexico for the Xbox Series X and PS5 versions
- I have played 200 hours of Starfield and I am very clear about what I would like to see in the future: vehicles, pets and much more
- The “tetraprism” of the iPhone 15 Pro Max is expensive for Apple: it will have to pay more for its availability, according to Kuo
- Alan Moore hates all the adaptations of his DC comics except one about Superman, but almost no one knows it
- The One Piece anime ends the final fight of its largest arc and confirms a record that is difficult to beat
- “It’s the film I most regret having rejected.” Arnold Schwarzenegger still regrets not starring in one of the best action cinema shows of the 90s
- This actor has had his voice ‘stolen’ by an AI after narrating the Harry Potter audiobooks. And he has used it in the middle of the actors’ strike
- It was the hottest competition this summer, but you’ll be disappointed if you want to take EA Sports FC seriously. It is impossible to make a competitive team in the Saudi league