While we will invite you to discover our opinion on FIFA 16 in less than an hour, football fans can be patient with the help of the first official video of the title. The latter invites us to discover the choices made by EA Sports this year for its in-house simulation.
We can thus have an overview of the direction taken by the studio which seeks to make up for the errors experienced by FIFA 15 last year.
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 15, 2015 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced that EA SPORTS™ FIFA 16 will deliver innovations across the entire field, so users can improve their skills with FIFA Coach, as well as New ways to play with the arrival of Women’s National Teams in the franchise. At the heart of FIFA 16, innovations* will deliver a balanced, realistic and exciting gaming experience so everyone can play their way. The new Make It Beautiful trailer is available here.
Confidence in defense
The game between defense and attack is balanced to offer realistic and exciting gameplay during the phases of winning back the ball.
- Defensive agility provides balance in movements between attackers and defenders, notably thanks to more than 25 innovations in defensive movements.
- Defensive unity gives players more intelligence and they become more aware of their positioning so they can make the right decision between individual or zone marking.
- The new fundamentals of tackling revolutionize behavior and make it possible to fake tackles or even put your whole body in opposition during interventions. Players can also interrupt their sliding tackles when they find themselves overwhelmed.
In midfield, two new features make the phases in the midfield as important as in reality.
- Interception Intelligence allows players to cut passing lanes and stop the opponent’s play.
- The Intelligent Passing Game offers greater precision in pressed passes which thus become more incisive.
With FIFA 16, users have all the tools to create unforgettable moments in attack.
- With Contactless Dribbling, players can let the ball roll to save time, create space, feint and finally pin their opponent in place. This functionality, created from Lionel Messi’s motion capture sessions, revolutionizes offensive phases.
- Surgical Finishing offers greater variety in ball striking and makes scoring even more exciting than ever.
“This year we worked on all the positions of a football team. User feedback and reviews allowed us to prioritize the innovations we wanted to make and I believe we have created the most balanced and exciting football game in the long history of the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise. congratulated David Rutter, Vice President and General Manager of EA SPORTS FIFA. “Whether you enjoy short, precise play in the midfield or rather overflows and crosses, the beauty of FIFA 16 is such that it allows everyone to benefit from great freedom of action to express themselves and succeed in the field. »
Improve your level
Regardless of their playing level, everyone can improve their skills with the EA SPORTS FIFA Coach, a revolutionary training system that uses a pop-up window to advise the user. The latter can now learn while playing with this graphical tool (ATH) which gives advice based on the player’s placement and the level of the Coach. The recommendations change depending on the automatic or manual setting of the trainer. Basic commands get you started, while more advanced tips help even more talented users progress.
New ways to play
For the very first time in the franchise’s history, FIFA 16 features 12 women’s national teams. Players from Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden and the United States will represent their respective federations in different game modes including Kick-off, Offline Competition and Online Friendlies* **. To see the women’s national teams in the game, visit.
A new way to play on the go
For those who enjoy playing virtual football wherever they are, EA SPORTS has announced the development of a brand new version for mobile: EA SPORTS FIFA. Available later this year as a free download from AppStoreSM and Google Play™, this next-generation FIFA opus harnesses the power of new devices to deliver a game worthy of home consoles on phones and tablets. Fans will enjoy the authenticity of the game with hybrid touch controls, new technical gestures and, for the first time ever on mobile, player celebrations.