Roger Whittaker, one of the UK’s most famous folk music singers, has died aged 87.
A statement from his family, reported by German media Bild, confirmed that he died on September 13 in a hospital in the south of France.
Whittaker was best known for hits such as Durham Town, New World In The Morning and a version of Wind Beneath My Wings – and for being an expert whistler.
“Roger was an iconic artist, a wonderful husband and father. He touched so many hearts with his music throughout his life and will always be remembered,” the family statement said.
Born in Nairobi, Kenya, in 1936 to English parents, Whittaker enrolled at university in South Africa after two years of national military service.
Holly Willoughby rend hommage à l’expert médical « très gentil » de This Morning, le Dr Uchenna Okoye, décédé à l’âge de 53 ans des suites d’une « maladie soudaine », laissant sa jeune fille et sa famille dévastées
- This AI shows what the Boku no Hero Academia characters would be like in the flesh, but the results are amazing
- Unity will not leave aside charging policies against indie developers: these are the changes they will make, according to leaks
- “That’s too much”: this brutal Mortal Kombat fatality was almost left out because its creator considered it too violent
- Dragon Ball: this is the most powerful power in the entire series that even surpasses the Hakai of the gods of destruction
- Mortal Kombat 1: dataminers found dialogues that make us think that He-Man and Ghostface will arrive as DLC to the game
- Genshin Impact: these are all the details of update 4.1, Neuvillette and Wriothesley arrive as playable characters starting September 27
- The James Webb Space Telescope has just given us another extraordinary image: the home of a ‘baby’ star
- With just 1,699 pesos you can get the monitor for your next Gamer PC on Amazon Mexico and even pay for it in small installments
- Barça has once again broken EA Sports FC. For the second time in just four years, one of their biggest stars will not be in the game for being too young
- A huge protest is coming against the creators of Genshin Impact. The players are very disappointed with the direction of the game and demand changes as soon as possible
- The US has lost an $80 million F-35B Lightning II fighter: it asks for help to find it
- The Pokémon Company International has already opened its offices in Mexico City and this is the position for which you can apply right now
- This is what the Chewbacca actor really said every time his roars were heard in Star Wars
- This challenging stealth game will test your skills and you can get it for less than 200 pesos in its version for PS4
- Be careful if you receive this message on behalf of the SEPE and you are looking for employment: it is a scam that will steal your data
- The best games that cannot be bought because they have disappeared from digital stores. They left an indelible mark and now it is difficult to find them
- Will there be a second season of The Continental? The producer of the John Wick spin-off reveals the future of the series
- The Elder Scrolls 6 will not come to PlayStation: leaked Xbox document at the FTC confirms its exclusivity
- “It will be the RPG I have played the most in my life.” The poor debut of Cyberpunk 2077 has a very positive side effect for some players three years later
- The impressive Kollector’s Edition of Mortal Kombat 1 can now be obtained on Amazon Mexico for the Xbox Series X and PS5 versions