Cover image: Smoke rises from an Israeli army position, hit by Hezbollah heavy missiles, Monday, November 20, 2023. HUSSEIN MALLA / AP
- The Israeli army said it continued to ” extend (again Monday November 20) its operations (military against Hamas) in new neighborhoods in the Gaza Strip »particularly in the Jabaliya sector, in the north of the territory.
- According to the Health Ministry in the Hamas-administered Gaza Strip, 41 members of the same family died in an Israeli attack that hit their house in Jabaliya. The Palestinian agency WAFA reported a strike that occurred overnight against the Indonesian hospital, north of Gaza City, while Hamas reported bombings by Israeli tanks.
- The Israeli army said in a statement on Sunday that it had discovered a 55-meter-long tunnel beneath Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, which it said was used “for terrorist purposes”. The army has also released several videos showing what it considers to be “Infrastructure (used by) Hamas ».
- The Israeli army also released on Sunday evening images presented as coming from hospital surveillance cameras showing, according to it, hostages kidnapped on October 7.the day of the bloody Hamas attack on Israeli soil.
- Twenty-eight premature babies who were still in Gaza’s Al-Shifa Hospital after its evacuation on Saturday have arrived in Egypt,Monday, via the Rafah crossing, the only opening to the world of the Palestinian territory which is not in the hands of Israel, Egyptian state media reported. Al-Qahera News.
- France will send a new tranche of humanitarian aid to Gaza and is ready to welcome injured children in French hospitalsEmmanuel Macron announced it on Sunday.
- The French president expressed his concern to Benyamin Netanyahu regarding “too many civilian casualties” in Gaza, reminding him “absolute need to distinguish terrorists from the population” And “the importance of establishing an immediate humanitarian truce leading to a ceasefire”indicated the Elysée.
- Several thousand people mobilized on Sunday in Paris at the call of the world of culture for a “silent walk” And “apolitical” for peace in the Middle East. The procession left the Arab World Institute to reach the Museum of Art and History of Judaism.
- Hamas denied Monday that a deal to release the hostages was imminent. The Qatari Prime Minister said on Sunday that only obstacles remained. “minors” before such an agreement, without however providing a timetable.
Find our direct precedent by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles on the war between Israel and Hamas
Decryption. Israeli army prepares ground operation in southern Gaza Strip
Report. Exfiltrated from Gaza, the Franco-Palestinians still haunted by fear: “We were always waiting for death”
Video. Gaza Strip: before the war, a territory in agony
Decryption. Israel-Palestine: from the British mandate to the Oslo accords, the failure of the two-state solution in maps
Report. Tamimi, the Palestinian cause as a legacy
Decryption. In Gaza, the battle for gasoline, crucial for the survival of the enclave
Video. Who is Benjamin Netanyahu? Understand in three minutes
Decryption. The Israel-Hamas war seen by Al-Jazeera, an almost unique window of expression for Palestinians in Gaza
Video investigation. The fall of an Israeli shell on Al-Shifa hospital
Tribune. Israel-Palestine: “There is something broken that both parties to the conflict have a responsibility to repair together”
Cards. From the Hamas attack of October 7 to the encirclement of the city by the Israeli army
Report. War between Israel and Hamas fragments Palestinian Fatah