Ubisoft’s latest free-to-play title, Roller Champions is a fun and chaotic new sports title that takes its competitive gameplay to great heights. With a mix of basketball, racing and roller skating, Roller Champions offers an unparalleled experience.
Unfortunately, although this game is actually free, some players have started experiencing issues when starting the game. An “Activation Code Error” has started affecting players, which is strange since this game is free. . If you’re looking to overcome this error and get back to playing, we’ve got some quick and easy steps to get around it.
How to Fix Roller Champions Activation Code Error
Before explaining how to bypass the activation code error, it is important to note that this is something that has only been noticed on PC through the Ubisoft launcher. So if you’re having this on Xbox or Switch, for example, these remedies won’t help. Let’s take a look at what we have!
Download free game
- The first and most popular method to try to determine how to fix the activation code error is to download a new game. Specifically, another free game from Ubisoft.
- Search for Ubisoft Free Games from your web browser, locate “Ubisoft Free Events” and click on it.
- Select one of the free games from the list.
- Click on “Get a free game”.
- When prompted, select Ubisoft connect PC.
- Launch Ubisoft connect PC
- Download the full game.
- Once downloaded, you do not need to run this game. Instead, try restarting Roller Champions as the issue should have been resolved.
Use another Ubisoft account
- If the first method doesn’t work, try logging into another Ubisoft account and try playing the game.
- You’ll need to log out of your current account first and create a new profile if you don’t already have an additional one handy.
- You will also need a second email as Ubisoft accounts are limited to 1 per email.
Uninstall Ubisoft Launcher
- Your third and final method is to completely uninstall the Ubisoft launcher and then reinstall it.
- Uninstalling it will erase all game-related files from your PC, and reinstalling it and the game will give your PC a fresh start.
- This method is a bit drastic but can definitely increase your chances of getting past the activation code error and getting back into the game.
That’s all you need to know to fix the activation code error in Roller Champions. If none of these remedies seem to do the trick for you, or if it’s happening on console, it’s best to contact Ubisoft directly for advice and troubleshooting.
Related: How to Fix Warzone Dev Error 5476