One of the advantages of having a smartwatch is that you can change its appearance almost completely by changing the dial (also called dials). In the specific case of Amazfit connected watches, from its application you can install dozens of spheres And that’s not to mention unofficial places with even more designs, like AmazfitWatchfaces.
There is no shortage of watch faces for Amazfit watches, but if you have a specific idea, you will have to roll up your sleeves. Creating watch faces for an Amazfit watch is not difficult, although it does require dedication and patience. Here we will see how to create watch faces for your Amazfit smartwatch in three ways with different levels of difficulty and customization.
From the Amazfit app
If you come you want to put a photo on your watchThe easiest way to do this is to use the official Amazfit app. This is the easiest method to give your smartwatch a unique touch, although it has the downside that the customization is limited to the background image and is not available in a analog version.
To create a personalized sphere, you need to open the Amazfit app on your mobile. In the tab Profile, tap your watch to open its options screen, where you need to tap Watch appearance settings. Then touch Personalize.
Now comes the fun part. Press on change background sphere to choose a background photo, which you can take with the camera or from any gallery app you have installed, such as Google Photos. Before continuing, you can adjust the cropping of the photo.
The app lets you choose three places for the time, which is superimposed on the image you chose previously. Choose the one you like the most and press the button Synchronize, which will send your personalized watch face to the smart watch.
Avec ‘Amazfit Watchface Builder’
If you want to create a totally custom sphere instead of changing the background image, you will have to resort to third-party tools. Amazfit Watchface Builder is a web page for designing watch faces for Amazfit watches with support for watch faces in WFZ format.
This is the case with the Amazfit Pace, Amazfit Stratos and Amazfit Verge, although the Amazfit catalog grows frequently, so the list is not long. WFZ files are basically ZIP with images and XML files, so they are relatively easy to edit even without using any application. However, Amazfit Watchface Builder makes the process infinitely easier.
You will need to create an account, but otherwise you can start creating your sphere right away. The best is that you can clone any sphere from its list to make edits, which will be much faster than creating one entirely from scratch
This tool allows you to create a sphere by changing the settings from the web browser. For this, you have several boxes in which you can adjust position and design of the main elements that make up your sphere. They are as follows:
- Info on dial. the name of the sphere and its description.
- Digital. Here you can choose the font, size and position to use on the digital watch.
- Context. The background image of the sphere.
- Analog. The design of the clock hands for the hours, minutes and seconds, as well as the (optional) crown design. In the list, you can choose from several ready-made templates.
- Widgets. It is a collection of items ready to be included or not in the design of the dial, such as time, date, distance traveled or battery. You can also choose its position, but not its design.
Creating a custom sphere with Amazfit Watchface Builder takes some time, although with enough patience you can create something very personalized without much effort. When you are finished, press Download to download your sphere in formwato WFZ, which you can install on the smartwatch using specialized tools, such as Amaztools.
With GTR Watch Face Editor
While you can technically create a fully customized sphere with an image editor and notepad, use apps like the GTR Watch Face Editor by SashaCX75Available for Windows makes your job easier. You can download this tool here.
With this app you can create spheres for Amazfit GTR 42 or 47 mm, Amazfit GTS, Amazfit T-Rex and Amazfit Verge Lite. It’s similar to the web app we saw earlier, though it does make your job less easy (it doesn’t help you with typography or include out-of-the-box designs). However, you have more control over the outcome you have to create everything from scratch. Fortunately, you can also open a sphere you already have and edit it by pressing Unpack the bin. So you can open spheres downloaded from AmazfitWatchFaces.
This will unzip the dial to a folder on your hard drive, including the images used in it and the JSON file which includes instructions on what is what and where they are. Now comes the tricky part: modify the files to get the sphere of your dreams. The images are standard PNG files, so you can use them with any graphics editor you have installed.
In the application, all changes must be made in the tab Editing, where there are different groups to configure the appearance of the elements of the sphere. For example, in the sphere that I downloaded, I put the logo where the weather information was displayed before, so in the tab Time can i turn off Activate so that the time is not displayed.
Each tab has its own options, but generally you will have to choose the position of each element and which image is used for it. The images are numbered, so if the minute hand on your dial uses image 26, you will need to edit the file 0026.png to modify it.
I won’t lie to you, creating spheres with this app is not overly easy, although it is easier than it looks at first glance. After struggling with the options for a few days, you need to start figuring out. These are the following sections that you can configure:
- Context. the background image of the sphere.
- Time. Adjust the appearance of the digital clock. It can be disabled.
- Give you. It allows you to add the date on the dial, with different options to display the day of the week, year, etc.
- Progression of days. Displays the current day, but in graphical form.
- Progress of stages. A graphic to show the steps.
- Activity. Here you can add an indicator with steps, distance, heart rate, calories and goals.
- Status. Set status icons (bluetooth connection, alarms, lock, do not disturb)
- Drums. It allows you to include the clock stack as numbers, icons, and graphics.
- Analog clock. Here you set the appearance of the clock hands.
- Time. Here you can configure whether the current time and temperature icon is displayed.
- Shortcuts. You can include up to four shortcuts to directly open the step-by-step, pulse, time, or power saving display mode when you touch in a specific area.
- Animation (beta). Experimental function to add animations in your sphere.
The good thing about this app is that it shows you a real time preview what your sphere looks like with every change you make, so you can play around with the settings to see what changes. In the background, in most cases, you will just change the X or Y coordinates on the location of a specific image.
With a lot of patience, creativity and an image editor, you can create a sphere completely in your image and likeness. Creating spheres is easy, although they are not that beautiful. When you’re happy with your creation, tap Pack and compress the tray to create a file that you can install on your Amazfit.
The app does not install the sphere, but you must use an application to transfer your face to the watch. On Android, a good alternative is Tools & Amazfit. To install a custom watch face with this app, you need to go to the Options tab and touch Custom install, then choosing the file you created with GTR Watch Face Editor.