Three years after her death, the house of Thérèse Tanguay, the mother of singer Céline Dion, officially found a buyer for the sum of 2.1 million dollars.
According to notarized documents obtained by The newspaperthe transaction was concluded on September 6 in the presence of representatives of the singer and the estate of Ms. Dion, better known in Quebec as Maman Dion.
The buyer is a numbered company belonging to François Duplantie, president of Novatek, a Laval real estate developer. It is this same businessman who acquired the former mansion of the Dion-Angélil couple in 2016, on Gagnon Island in Laval.
Located just opposite, on the south bank of the Mille-Îles River, Ms. Dion’s house was put up for sale by the singer last April, for the sum of $2,398,000. Ultimately, the sellers agreed to let it go for $298,000 less, or 12.4% less than the asking price.
Built in 2002, the residence on avenue Thérèse-Casgrain, in the Sainte-Rose district of Laval, was occupied by Maman Dion until her death in January 2020. Her husband and father of Céline, Adhémar Dion, was there. also lived for some time. , until his death in November 2003.
With a living area of 5,000 sq. ft., this residence has a total of 16 rooms, including three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a workshop and a solarium with a view of the river. A fountain also adorns the backyard of the residence.
In 2020, Mr. Duplantie surprised by confiding Newspaper its intention to embark on the construction of a project of 700 co-ownership units around Céline Dion’s mansion, on Gagnon Island, as well as on the land of Thérèse Tanguay’s residence.
No demolition planned
This announcement worried residents of the area and regulars at the Parc de la Rivière des Mille-Îles, who work not far away to preserve and highlight the wildlife and aquatic spaces of the archipelago.
In an interview with the Journal on Monday afternoon, Mr. Duplantie assured that the demolition of the residence on Avenue Thérèse-Casgrain was no longer on the agenda, as was his project to build condos on the island. Gagnon.
“It’s something we tried. But there is no social acceptability, he says. Under these circumstances, we decided to move back. The house will not be demolished and the project I had no longer exists. Nothing happens. »
Verification made, the new urban planning code (CDU) of Laval, in force since November 2022, only provides for the construction of single-family residences of two floors or less for the sector. A developer could always request a modification to the existing zoning, but no request to this effect has yet been submitted to the City’s planning department.
With the contribution of Philippe Langlois and Sylvain Larocque.
- kyiv faces an old enemy: “Now more than ever, Ukrainians know that corruption can kill”
- Ubisoft asks for our silence and respect: the company does not want to see spoilers for Assassin’s Creed Mirage in the last days of waiting for the game
- Xbox Game Pass is preparing to say goodbye to 6 games in October. Complete list of titles that will leave the Microsoft service soon
- One in three workers says they assume illegal working conditions
- Controversy in Canada over a tribute in Parliament to a Ukrainian veteran of a unit during Zelensky’s visit
- Cities: Skylines 2 dramatically tightens its minimum and recommended requirements for PC
- Many people lost fortunes to the FTX scam. Even so, a large part of them continue to bet on the crypto sector
- The series that made history on HBO has just arrived on Netflix: the creator of ‘Six Feet Under’ brought us the wildest vampires on TV
- I work two jobs at once and my boss has no idea: how “overemployment” is triumphing silently
- The best mods for Starfield in 2023. Optimize your FPS and play more fun combat with a clear interface
- Is this accessory the future of video games? A man flies through the air with an exoskeleton and tests this curious device
- The successor to Command & Conquer seeks to revive its glory, and to do so it recovers one of the most important names in the saga
- “Leave ARAM alone”: the League of Legends community is angry over the controversial punishment imposed on toxic players
- Warner Bros. faces lawsuit over Batgirl. One of her extras almost died during the filming of a movie that will never be released in theaters.
- This indie game sneaked onto my radar and I haven’t stopped recommending it ever since. SIGNALIS is a must for horror lovers
- Starfield players can be proud. Todd Howard has been impressed with fans by his creativity in building ships
- Alcasec, the hacker who put the Judiciary in check, was a partner of ‘Little Nicolás’. He now works legally in cybersecurity
- He sends his Gaming PC to be repaired, the technician destroys it and they force him to pay a repair of more than 500 euros
- It is one of the best GPUs today and it has never been so cheap: get the NVIDIA RTX 4080 for 300 euros less
- One of the legendary actors in the original Star Wars trilogy almost caught fire during an accident on the set of Return of the Jedi