The ground floor of their house was on fire. Stuck upstairs, a 76-year-old woman and a 53-year-old man were rescued around 6 a.m., this Saturday, November 4, 2023, by the dexterity of firefighters, around twenty of whom intervened. They deployed an extension ladder to reach the upper windows of the house. They managed to evacuate them in time. A tragedy was avoided.
The events occurred in a terraced house, rue Saint-Germain, in the Navarre district, in Évreux (Eure).
Taken to hospital
According to our colleagues at Actu.fr , the house was partially destroyed by the flames. A rehousing solution must be considered for these two people. After breathing in fumes, they were first transported to the Évreux hospital center.
The terraced house was not damaged by the flames. GrDF services had to intervene to prevent any gas leaks in the neighborhood.
An investigation will have to determine the circumstances of this fire.