Bethesda revealed that Star Field Update 1.8.86 is now available with support for Nvidia DLSS on PC and a new food/drink feature. The studio also released the official patch notes on its website.
Star Field is Bethesda’s first new franchise in almost twenty years. The game allows players to explore galaxies, take part in various quests, and take part in the ultimate sci-fi fantasy. Bethesda and Xbox released the game for Xbox Series X|S and PC on September 6.
Star Field Patch Notes 1.8.86
The patch notes for Star Field Update 1.8.86 is now available on the official Bethesda website. The main strengths are:
- Nvidia DLSS support
- “This update introduces Nvidia DLSS support for our PC players. Compatible Nvidia graphics cards can now use DLSS Super Resolution, Deep Learning Antialiasing (DLAA), Nvidia Reflex Low Latency, and DLSS frame generation.
- “Let them eat”
- “By popular demand, we added the ability to ingest food and drinks as soon as they are found in the environment. You can enjoy these songs immediately or save them for later. The choice is yours. »
The rest of the patch notes are as follows:
Performance and stability
- Fixed a number of memory-related issues and leaks.
- Added some GPU performance optimizations, which will have more impact on high-end cards.
- Improved rendering thread model, improving CPU utilization, especially on high-end systems.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- Added the ability to eat food placed in the world.
- Stealth adjusted to be a little more forgiving.
- Fixed an issue where Andreja’s head remained permanently hidden.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from firing their weapons.
- Fixed issues where some NPCs could be seen not wearing clothes (Note: this issue may resolve over time).
- Fixed an issue where skill challenges already in progress could stop progressing after reaching Unity and starting a new game.
- Fixed an issue that could temporarily prevent the inventory from opening or saving after entering Unity.
- PC: Fixed an issue where mouse movements could be jerky.
- Fixed a rare issue that could result in loss of the original ship.
- Fixed an issue where the Ship Services Technician could be missing.
- Fixed an issue where the camera could sometimes shake incorrectly during travel, gravitational jump, docking, or landing transitions.
- Fixed an issue where ambient occlusion could appear in ultra-wide resolutions.
- Optimized initial shader compilation that occurs at startup.
- Added the ability to adjust brightness and contrast in the Display Settings menu.
- Added the ability to adjust HDR brightness provided the system supports it. (Xbox and Windows 11 only).
- Fixed a number of materials that could sometimes exhibit an unexpected pattern under certain conditions.
- Fixed various visual issues with the new FOV slider options.
- Improved the appearance of crowd character eyes.
- Fixed a number of minor visual issues related to lighting, shadows, terrain and vegetation.
- PC: Fixed additional visual issues related to DLSS.
- All Money Can Buy: Fixed a rare issue where players were unable to sit while negotiating with Musgrove.
- Blast Zone: Fixed an issue where hard rocks that need to be cleared by players would not appear on the Ngodup Tate terrain.
- Echoes of the Past: Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Queen Grylloba from being contactable during the “Secure the Shuttle Bay” objective.
- Eye of the Storm: Fixed an issue where player quest progress could be blocked due to a missing docking prompt.
- Grunt Work: Fixed an issue where progression could appear blocked if “Supra and Ultra” were completed when returning to the Lodge during “High Price to Pay”.
- No Sudden Movements: Fixed an issue that could prevent the front door of the Scow ship from being opened again.
- Operation Starseed: Fixed an issue where the key needed to exit the facility could sometimes not be present.
- Sabotage: Fixed an issue that potentially prevented David Barron from being found by players.
- Myopic: Fixed an issue where players could rarely get stuck when speaking with Vladimir.
- The Heart of Mars: Fixed an issue that prevented players from farming the “Heart of Mars”.
Lately, Star Field is available now on Xbox Series X|S and PC via Steam and the Microsoft Store.