The government received several associations on September 18 to present its plan to combat poverty. They were disappointed and deplored the lack of increase in social minimums.
Received by Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne in Matignon on September 18, the associations were presented with their Solidarity Pact after eight months of successive postponements. In an inflationary context, the measures announced did not satisfy social stakeholders, even if the maintenance of places in emergency accommodation has somewhat reassured the associative world.
The cold shower for associations
Quoted by The worldThe president of the Alerte collective, made up of 34 associations fighting against poverty, declared about the meeting with the head of the executive that it was a “cold shower”, deploring that Elisabeth Borne had closed the door to an increase in social minimums. which have fallen due to inflation.
Before the announcements, pessimism was already in order. Thus, the president of ATD Fourth World Marie-Aleth Grard confided to Humanity, September 18: “We do not know the content, but we fear that this plan is limited to announcing what has already been done. And if that is the case, the situation will not improve.
Some actors in the social sector are more moderate in their criticism, such as Pascal Brice, president of the Fédération des Acteurs Solidaires, who declares regarding the maintenance of places in emergency accommodation: “Obviously, that will not be enough, but I am take the matches one after the other. The press release from his association further considers that despite “useful measures (…) the government has not yet fully understood the seriousness of the situation.
Aurore Bergé at the helm
If Elisabeth Borne’s announcements caused some disappointment, the new Minister of Solidarity Aurore Bergé expressed her desire to create a national school of social action whose objective would be to “contribute to recreating vocations”.
Present on the France 2 morning show on September 19, she also defended the French social model which she considers “unique” and which according to her would prevent “five million people from falling into poverty each year”. .
But such institutions already exist, such as the Higher School of Social Work, and Aurore Bergé did not specify the contours of this project, in particular its financing.
RT All Fr2Fr
- Run and get this three-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate promotion at a very affordable price
- Esto es todo lo que se está filtrando de Microsoft: nueva Xbox, lanzamiento de The Elder Scrolls VI, remaster de Fallout 3 y más
- The Canary Islands have grown tired of all their bananas being the same banana. That’s why they are blue now.
- The Bank of Spain confirms that our economy will lead growth in Europe in 2023 and 2024
- It’s time to face it, the games now come out a week earlier and more expensive than at the official launch
- This is the true crime that is sweeping Netflix: a torrid and intense miniseries with Úrsula Corberó and Quim Gutiérrez that turns the genre on its head
- Google integrates Bard everywhere in one of the biggest updates to its AI
- There’s something brewing in Titanfall 2, but what are you playing Respawn? The resurgence of the game has released a new mode and the clues go in another direction, towards Apex Legends
- It’s one of the biggest disappointments in recent years but it’s cheaper than ever and for good reason: Marvel’s Avengers will soon leave stores
- 1 in 4 Starfield players on Xbox haven’t tried why the game exists. 25% have not achieved the achievement for jumping into space for the first time
- With this Samsung SSD you will say goodbye to all your space problems: it collapses to its minimum price
- The Champions League starts: schedules and where to watch the matches of the Spanish teams
- Lords of The Fallen answers player questions: crossplay, difficulty, armor customization and more
- ‘One Piece’ breaks its own record with the fight between Kaido and Luffy: the anime reaches one of its most important moments after 10 years of preparation
- Cheap mobile phone with great autonomy: this Honor can be ideal for launching an Android for just 100 euros
- If your child does something wrong on social networks, it can be very expensive with fines of up to 10,000 euros.
- The new Redmi Buds 5 are now official: top-level active noise cancellation and a completely new design
- Keanu Reeves set this great condition to star in John Wick: Chapter 4 that was only 90% fulfilled
- The price of the HONOR X6 plummets on Amazon: one of the cheapest phones on the market now reduced
- ‘Elemental’ breaks records on Disney+: the Pixar film beats ‘The Little Mermaid’, ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’ and ‘Avatar 2’ to achieve the best premiere of the year on the platform