Whether it’s after a simple game of hide-and-seek or losing sight of one of their children in a shopping center, the reasons that push a creator to start a game are as rich as they are varied. However, those who pushed Yoko Taro to create the series Deny are all quite particular and rather different from what we are used to hearing.
Indeed, during an interview in the Japanese show Toco Toco TV, Yoko Taro said he created the Nier series because he was tired of AAA games and that he wanted to create something unexpected.
When I look at AAA games, obviously I find them beautiful and interesting, but after 20 minutes of play, I wonder if it’s going to be the same for the next 20 hours. I’m a little tired of all this…If possible, I would like to create unexpected games, games that change shape. This is the state of mind I was in when I created the first Nier game and the same for Nier: Automata.
In this same interview, the Japanese creator had some strange words to say the least regarding Nier players and at the same time reinforced the image he has built over the years.
In the people who play my games, I think a lot of them are a little weird. These people have a tendency to look elsewhere, which happens on the fringes of current entertainment.
My lifestyle is rather “special”. I don’t like traveling or working outside. I take no pleasure in it. Instead, I prefer to stay in my room in the dark to play and think. I find it more enriching…..I live doing what I want to do. I love playing games or writing stories. I don’t have any other hobbies apart from that.
After all his statements, we can say that Yoko Taro is a creator as brilliant as he can be marginal. One of the biggest brands in the industry.
You can watch the entire report (subtitled in French) from Toco Toco below:
- The ‘Star Wars’ movie that I always recommend is the one that makes me believe that Disney can do something different with the saga
- It has been resurrected, Titanfall 2 has come back to life with thousands of players after the latest update that fixed the servers
- What is Batman Day and why do we celebrate it?
- Christopher Nolan acknowledges that Josh Hartnett could have been Batman but he was more interested in another project by the director (and in the end he didn’t do any)
- Switch from one Outlook or Hotmail account to another: guide with all the steps so as not to lose anything along the way
- I’ve been using Gmail since 2005 and I’ve never had to pay for storage: this is how I’ve done it
- Starfield has given me the most epic space pirate odyssey in history: “destroy what you see and don’t be generous”
- Spider-Man 2 is great and will arrive highly optimized, in its three modes (30, 40 and 60 FPS) it will always include ray tracing
- More than 31 thousand users have rated this Samsung fast charger, making it the most commented on Amazon
- Today on TV: one of the best films of recent years that unfairly failed in theaters despite being signed by the director of ‘Gladiator’ and ‘Blade Runner’
- What happened to the Xiaomi Mi Mix, the futuristic phone that sounded without a speaker
- Almost a year after Elon Musk bought Twitter, X faces reality: it has lost 90% of its value
- The CEO who called for pain in the economy and 50% unemployment to stop the empowerment of workers regrets it
- Why AirPods still don’t support ALAC technology and other HD audio standards
- Xiaomi’s thing with eBay is not normal: this Redmi tablet
- I have compared what my refrigerator uses in eco mode and with the cold at maximum and the result has been a real surprise
- The creators of PayDay 3 have made a decision that will make PC gamers happy, Denuvo has been removed
- The Super Technoprices of El Corte Inglés leave a folding mobile phone, the Galaxy Watch6 or some Sony headphones at a reduced price
- OnePlus confirms that it will have a new tablet and it will be cheap: this will be the OnePlus Pad Go
- ‘First Dates’: the single woman from Santa Fe cannot hide the rejection of her date. “The little comb in her hair gives me OCD”