Nintendo commemorates the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. with games, products and events in its games.
Mario has been jumping around ever since he smashed that world’s first Goomba 1-1 in the original Super Mario Bros. game. Now, 35 years after the launch of that title in Japan, Mario stars in new games for the Nintendo Switch console, appears in products from brands such as LEGO, Kinder Joy and Monopoly, and there will even be a festival inspired by Super Mario in Splatoon 2.
In a video presentation released today, Nintendo unveiled various titles, products, and in-game events arriving on the 3rdSuper Mario Bros 5th Anniversary. There will be new games for the Nintendo Switch family consoles, such as Super Mario 3D All-Stars, a collection of Super Mario games made up of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy; Super Mario Bros. 35, a 35-player online battle with the world of the original Super Mario Bros. as a backdrop; and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, an enhanced edition of the Super Mario 3D World game originally released for the Wii U console.
Also, the video has revealed other ways to enjoy Super Mario that will be available this year, such as Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, which brings all the fun of the Mario Kart series to the real world by using the Nintendo Switch console to pilot. a real kart; the launch of Super Mario All-Stars, the classic Super NES title, which will be available later today on Nintendo Switch Online; and a new Nintendo product: Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros., a miniconsole inspired by the old Game & Watch consoles that allows you to play Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros .: The Lost Levels and Ball.
The video highlights include:
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars: A collection of enhanced versions of the following 3D Mario games is coming to Nintendo Switch: Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy. In addition to having higher resolution graphics than the original games, these titles have been optimized for better playability on Nintendo Switch. Super Mario 3D All-Stars also includes a music player with which to listen to the soundtrack of the three games. Players will be able to enjoy the tunes even with the Nintendo Switch console screen turned off. Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be released on September 18 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch family consoles. A limited edition can be purchased in physical format, while the game in digital format can only be purchased for a limited time until the end of March 2021. It is now possible to pre-order Super Mario 3D All-Stars on the Nintendo eShop.
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit: Developed jointly by Nintendo and Velan Studios, Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit allows you to enjoy the Mario Kart series in the real world using a Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite ** console to compete with a real kart that responds to the accelerations given in The game slows down when an object hits you and can be affected in other ways depending on your race. Players place arches to draw a circuit in their own home, where the only limit is their imagination. Face off against Bowser’s minions to claim the cup, unlock ways to customize tracks and costumes for Mario and Luigi, or compete with 3 other players in local multiplayer. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, available with Mario or Luigi kart models, goes on sale October 16.
- Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros .: This new collectible device is inspired by the Game & Watch consoles of the eighties. The original handheld consoles, of which more than 43 million were sold worldwide, included a game and could be used as a watch. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. has a modern control cross. In addition to being able to play classic games like Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros .: The Lost Levels (released in Japan under the name Super Mario Bros. 2) and a special version of Ball starring Mario, Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. also works as a watch with 35 details to discover, including some starring Mario’s friends and enemies. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. will be released on November 13.
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury: Multiplayer mayhem erupts on Nintendo Switch! This improved version of Super Mario 3D World, which was originally released for Wii U, incorporates the option to play cooperatively online * and locally in a variety of original levels. Later it will be revealed what other new features this game has. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury will go on sale for Nintendo Switch on February 12, 2021. New amiibo will also go on sale at the same time: Mario Felino and Peach Felina, both in the same pack.
- Super Mario Bros. 35: Welcome to Super Mario Bros., now with… 35 players !? In this online battle, 35 players battle it out to be the last Mario standing… or on the run. Defeated enemies are sent to other players’ levels. eye! It works in the other direction too! Players can use special items to take advantage of opponents. Super Mario Bros. 35 will be available on October 1 in digital format only and exclusively for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. This title can only be played until March 31, 2021.
- Super Mario All-Stars: The classic Super NES title includes enhanced versions of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros .: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario Bros. 3, with updated 16-bit graphics. This title joins the Nintendo Switch Online game catalog … throughout today!
- Super Mario Events: From now until March 2021, there will be various events to mark the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros .:
- From 8:00 a.m. (peninsular time) on September 9 and 8:00 a.m. (peninsular time) on September 23, Mario Kart Tour will feature a Super Mario Kart season in which Mario (SNES) and Donkey Kong Jr. (SNES) from Super Mario Kart will appear as guest stars.
- Throughout the remainder of the year, they will be added to My Nintendo Store Iconic Super Mario items and other 35th anniversary inspired merchandise.
- In November, it will be added to Super Mario Maker 2 a Ninji time trial inspired by the 35th anniversary.
- In November and December, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will host an online tournament within the game using fighters, stages and items from the Super Mario series.
- Splatoon 2 will be joining the party with a Super Mario festival in January 2021. Additionally, keyrings will be available on My Nintendo as the festival date approaches. As if that were not enough, it will be possible to buy t-shirts from the Splatoon festival in My Nintendo Store. The crucial question of the next festival is none other than: Which power-up do you like the most, the super mushroom, which makes you giant, or the superstar, which makes you invincible?
- In March of next year, Animal Crossing: New Horizons will feature furniture inspired by Super Mario.
- Super Mario Products: In addition to the events, different products inspired by Super Mario are already available.
- He Monopoly Super Mario Celebrationby Hasbro is now available in select stores around the world.
- Already available Super Mario products for Kinder Joy.
- He LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System set is now available exclusively in LEGO stores and on the My Nintendo Store, along with various LEGO Super Mario sets, available in stores around the world, including the Starter Pack set.