Nintendo presents the European Splatoon 2 tournament.
- Among them will be the champions and the runners-up of the preliminary local tournaments held in 2017 and that gave classification to this expected outcome
- The teams that will compete to rise as the best European quartet are:
- Before the final matchups of the tournament begin, Polymanga will host a special virtual concert.
It’s time for Europe’s best Inklings to battle for ultimate glory in the finals of the Splatoon European Championship, an appointment that Polymanga will host on March 31. Using their own Nintendo Switch consoles and a Splatoon 2 cartridge, 16 highly skilled teams will battle it out for the title of European Champions.
Among them will be the champions and the runners-up of the preliminary local tournaments held in 2017 and that gave classification to this expected outcome
The tournament will start with a pre-qualification round to be held between March 30 and the morning of March 31, where the 16 teams in attendance will play one of the 4 places in the semifinals. Starting at 13:00 (CEST) on March 31, the semifinals and final will be will broadcast live both on the YouTube channel of Nintendo Spain and on Twitch. The members of the winning team, in addition to being proclaimed Splatoon European Champions, will receive a trophy and a commemorative shirt of the event.
The teams that will compete to rise as the best European quartet are:
- UK: Team Mako (winner of the British Championship) and 4D (winner of the invitation tournament)
- Germany: Gucci Gang (winner of the German tournament) and Hallo! (Second classified)
- France: Alliance Rogue (winner of the French tournament) and EL Firmament (second
- Spain: Spanish Army (winner of the Spanish tournament) and Archicosmus (second
- Italy: NinPlayers (winner of the Italian tournament) and CrossInk (winner of the tournament in
- Italian line)
- Holland: Polderlantis (winner of the Dutch tournament) and Team.Extensions (second
- Belgium: Overtime (winner of the Belgian tournament)
- Portugal: Hexagone (Portuguese tournament winner)
- Russia: Red Ink (winner of the Russian tournament) and Splat Tim (second classified)
The Spanish expedition travels to Switzerland with the sole objective of returning with the European title. Spanish Army, made up of three former members of the Hokusai Squad, in addition to being one of the favorite teams to contest the victory, they already have the experience of 2017 when they were invited to the ESL Go4Splatoon European Grand Final which was held in Paris. For their part, the members of Ar4chicosmus will try to surprise by taking advantage of their status as covered.
Before the final matchups of the tournament begin, Polymanga will host a special virtual concert.
Perla and Marina, idol pop duet that form Cefalopop, will appear on stage to perform their best-known songs and dance their choreographies, all accompanied by a live band. The whole concert will be Broadcast live on Nintendo Spain’s YouTube channel and on Twitch from 12:00 CEST.
Don’t miss the best Splatoon 2 teams from all over Europe battling in the European Splatoon Championship. The first rounds will take place on March 30 and 31, while the semi-finals and final will be broadcast live only on March 31 from 1:00 p.m. (CEST). The special Cefalopop concert will begin at 12:00 (CEST) and can also be followed live on the YouTube and Twitch channels of Nintendo Spain.