NVIDIA GeForce 397.93 WHQL: optimized drivers for The Crew 2 and State of Decay 2.
In this new version of the NVIDIA drivers, it comes to optimize the gaming experience in The Crew (closed beta) and in State of Decay 2. Although this time the company has taken the opportunity to add more news such as the CUDA update, so Stay tuned for what’s new in the NVIDIA GeForce 397.93 WHQL update.
Game Ready drivers achieve the best user experience for most new titles, even VR titles. NVIDIA works hand in hand with developers before a game is released to get the best game experience.
It may interest you …
A new agreement confirms that NVIDIA will use GDDR6 memory in its next graphics cards Manuel Santos 23 May, 2018 • 17:05
Changes in NVIDIA GeForce 397.93 WHQL drivers
- This new version improves the gaming experience in the games: The Crew and State of Decay 2.
- Support for CUDA 9.2 has been added.
Software module versions
- nView – 149.21
- HD Audio Driver – 18.104.22.168
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.17.0524
- GeForce Experience – 22.214.171.124
- CUDA – 9.2
Among the improvements of these new drivers we find the update or addition of the following SLI profiles:
- DRG Initiative
- Star Wars Battlefront II
Added 3D profiles
- The Crew 2 – Good
Fixed issues in NVIDIA GeForce 397.93 WHQL
- Fixed issue using GPU acceleration in Windows Explorer on GTX 870M laptops.
- We had to close Steam to enable or disable SLI mode.
- When we rebooted with Surround mode activated, the Digital Vibrance settings were reset.
- The Wolfenstein II game would freeze upon reaching the Roosevelt area.
- Some color formats disappeared from the NVIDIA control panel when we turned on Windows HDR.
- Driver failed to run after being updated on Pascal and Kepler charts.
- Green flickering occurred in Far Cry 5 when using HDR at non-native resolution.
Open Issues on NVIDIA GeForce 397.93 WHQL
- In SLI mode, the Hitman Pro game crashes if we activate HDR in the game settings and not in Windows.
- The operating system crashes after installing the GeForce TITAN on a system with Threadripper.
- A blue screen occurs when playing Gears of War 4 on NVIDIA Pascal-based GPUs.
- TDR error on Vermitide 2 when changing resolution.
- Constant flickering occurs in Overwatch when playing in a specific SLI Surround configuration (two displays connected to the master GPU and one to the slave).
- When playing Shadow Warrior 2 on a Titan V a flicker occurs when we move the mouse if we have Windows HDR enabled.
- When watching a full screen Netflix or Blu-ray video on a laptop with a GeForce GTX 1060 on an HDMI connected display (with Windows HDR enabled) the screen starts flickering.
- NVIDIA Surround hotkeys do not work.
- The In-Game Overlay option cannot be activated in ShadowPlay.
- A screenshot occurs after doing several Alt+Tabs, when we are playing a game and watching a Netflix video from the browser.
- With Vulkan enabled item slots were experiencing glitches in Dota II.
- Playing HDR videos through Microsoft Edge in full screen mode can cause desktop and video crashes.
- Random DPC errors appear when using multi-GPU configuration on motherboards with PLX chips.
Download this new version of the driver from NVIDIA GeForce Experience or from the NVIDIA page.
It may interest you …
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 3 GB already has official specifications Manuel Santos 21 May, 2018 • 17:05