NVIDIA today released the SHIELD Experience Upgrade 8.1.1 for all 2019 SHIELD and SHIELD Pro units. This is a staggered rollout, devices will get the update gradually. This update resolves many issues reported while using the SHIELD, and improves stability and compatibility with other devices in your home entertainment center.
The NVIDIA Shield TV is available for $ 159.99 and the Shield TV Pro has a price tag of $ 219.99. The Shield TV can be ordered from MediaMarkt.
What’s New in 8.1.1?
GeForce NOW Founders membership is now available
All SHIELD owners are eligible for our free GeForce NOW membership. You can now temporarily upgrade to a Founders membership to take advantage of priority access and longer gaming sessions by going to GeForce Now. Open the NVIDIA Games app to get started and play any game with the ‘GeForce NOW’ banner.
New or upgraded apps
Stream movies and TV shows on PLEX for free
Watch TV shows and classic movies such as Rain Man, The Terminator, The Usual Suspects, and Raging Bull with fewer commercial interruptions than other free streaming services.
Jack Box Party Pack 6
This is the wildest Party Pack ever, featuring five hilarious new games, including Trivia Murder Party, Dictionarium, Push the Button, Joke Boat and more!
Open the throttle and take on the best, most intrepid street racer pros to become the next Asphalt legend from the creators of Asphalt 8: Airborne.
This is a free, addicting classic Brick Breaker game with hundreds of challenging levels and tons of items.
Join this free-to-play, all-kitchen warfare Battle Royale game with the fairest Loot Box system ever.
Get your first look at the world of DARKSIDERS before the events of the original game.
Deliver Us The Moon: Fortuna
This sci-fi thriller is set in an apocalyptic near future where the Earth’s natural resources are depleted.
Float through vocal melodies, sweep every fade and grab every beat in 25 of AVICII’s greatest hits.
Bug Fixes / Improvements:
- Fixes issues detecting Dolby Vision on some Sony, Vizio and Phillips TVs Resolves cast playback issues when switching between HDR and SDR content
- Fixed bug where screen saver would not show in Netflix
- Fixes an issue where “Match Color Space” did not work properly on some TVs Reduces the appearance of red flashes when viewing Dolby Vision content
- Fixed bug where “Match frame rate” would not work on Dolby Vision content
- Fixes brightness issue when playing Dolby Vision content on some Vizio TVs
- If you turn off “Fixed volume”, Dolby audio processing is now turned off
- Fixes bug where Atmos streams would still be detected even when playing non-Atmos content
- Fixes the issue where audio would not be heard on Vizio TVs when streaming from VUDU / Movies Anywhere
- Adds 16-bit DAC support for Dolby Decoded content
- Addresses issue where audio pass-through was not available via USB DAC on third party apps like KODI
- Fixed bug when manually setting “Audio formats” would not be applied
- Solves audio routing problems when using multiple USB devices (eg Webcam + USB DAC)
- Adds support for Sanskrit USB DAC
- Fixes issue where PCM would be streamed when Dolby ATMOS is manually selected in “Available formats”
- Displays the correct audio stream name below and adds detection support for EAC_JOC (DD +) streams (Settings -> Status-> HDMI -> Audio Mode)
- Fixes the issue where audio would not play after enabling PCM output only mode (available formats)
- Fixes stability issues when connecting to SHIELD from PC via network
- Fixed bug where soft reboot would be seen when “Restart Wi-Fi” was selected
- Adds support for XBOX Elite 2 controller
- Add bluetooth support for WeChip G30 remote
- Adds IR volume control support for Logitech Z906 speaker system
- Fixes crash issues when notification of accessory updates is seen
- Fixes bug where IR settings fail on Samsung AVR / soundbars
- Fixes issue where remote locater would not work when SHIELD is asleep
- Fixed bug where IR control would not work when Talkback is enabled
- Fixes SHIELD Remote 2019 where the battery would quickly run out with IR control enabled
- Fixes issue where “send menu command to app” did not work properly
- Fixed bug where IR volume control would not work when enabled
- Fixes the pointer issue when using the RS mouse in network captive portal registration
- Fixes a rare bug where pressing the power button would not cause the SHIELD to sleep when a video is playing
- Improves SHIELD stability when connecting multiple Bluetooth devices
- Fixed bug where “Dolby Vision” quick setting is not updated according to display setting
- Channels DVR app can now save recorded content via NAS
- Fixes the issue where pre-installed apps would disappear
- Fixes an issue where NVIDIA Share would not be pressed for a long time
- Fixed bug where settings crash when selecting system language
- Adds a message scaling the user’s AI that is not available on rooted / unlocked devices
- Fixes issue where “Ok Google” hotword activation requires restart
- Fixes rare bug where Netflix would crash when calling app switcher (double press home)
- Improves text when displaying the most recent SHIELD wake event (Settings -> About -> Status -> Uptime