Paradox Interactive acquires Academia: School Simulator and launches first-ever “Management Weekend” Steam sale.
Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Management Weekend, the first Steam sale dedicated to management titles. From today until March 28th, Paradox Interactive invites you to experience the freedom, creativity and joy of their management titles.
Paradox Interactive announces the purchase of Academia: School Simulator from Squeaky Wheel Studio. The latest addition to the publisher’s growing management portfolio is a fun yet challenging title that tasks players with building and managing a high school. Academia: School Simulator was developed by Filipino game developer Squeaky Wheel, led by former CEO Ryan Sumo, who is also the artist behind Prison Architect’s iconic style.
“I’m excited about the next step in development for Academia,” said Ryan Sumo. “It took us nine months to get it into Early Access and since its release in 2017 we have been overwhelmed by the positive feedback and support from the community. Academia: School Simulator will forever hold a special place in my heart and in the hearts of my colleagues at Squeaky Wheel. Now, thanks to Paradox, more people have the opportunity to discover that dedication. I hope everyone will enjoy this game and can’t wait to see new students running down the aisles!”
The management titles in numbers:
- 1.5 million users play Paradox’s management titles every month
- Cities: Skylines recently celebrated its 7th anniversary with over 37 million hours played (that’s roughly 100,000 years!)
- Surviving Mars now welcomes more than two billion colonists – roughly 38 percent of Earth’s current population has migrated to Mars!
- Over 40 million prison inmates have escaped from Prison Architect.
- More than four million colonies have been established in Surviving the Aftermath wasteland. The game has received a free update that opens up new ways to play, as well as some of the most requested features and improvements by the community.
“Although our strategy games are our backbone at Paradox, management titles have become a notable segment of our company’s portfolio,” said Sandra Neudinger, VP of Business at Paradox Interactive. “We know that many of our players are interested in titles that allow them to express their creativity in a relaxed and positive way, without sacrificing Paradox’s signature challenge. Our portfolio of management titles offers players this experience in a variety of environments unmatched by any other game publisher. Paradox will continue to expand its management catalog and establish itself as the leading publisher in this genre.”
The Steam Management Weekend discounts in detail:
- Cities: Skylines: 80%
- Prison Architect: 80% and the Perfect Storm expansion 80%
- Surviving the Aftermath: 20% off and free to play throughout Management Weekend
- Surviving Mars: 80%
- Academia: School Simulator: 30%
In addition to the respective game discounts, Paradox offers a 20% discount for the popular “Build it bundle”: This dynamic bundle takes into account the titles that are already in the library and subtracts the costs for the final price.
The Management Weekend Sale ends on March 28, 2022.