Pixelsplit will soon open the gates to Indoorlands – amusement park sim will be released on October 14, 2022.
Over a year ago, indie developer Pixelsplit released the amusement park management game indoorlands Sent to Early Access on Steam and created a detailed roadmap with planned updates. Now all the promised updates have been delivered: Among other things, huge parks, visual improvements, a sandbox mode, the integration of the Steam Workshop and an editor for rides have been added – and of course roller coasters! The game will be available on Steam from October 14, 2022 in German, English, French, Chinese and Korean for €17.99.
Leon Jeutter, Pixelsplit Community Manager, said: “What an exciting time – our amazing community has supported us throughout Early Access. Now that the game is complete, we’re excited to bring Indoorlands to the gaming community around the world exactly as we always envisioned it: a comprehensive, immersive amusement park management sim with many possibilities for the players to experience the title according to their playing style.”
About the game:
Indoorlands is an amusement park management game in a unique indoor setting, versatile and immersive at the same time. The aim of Pixelsplit is to offer the players a good balance of relaxation and challenge: They build a huge indoor amusement park from scratch and take on the tasks of a park manager, an interior design, ride and roller coaster designer and those of the ride operator . The sandbox mode offers the possibility to make individual game settings and thus create a huge, diverse and adaptable amusement park with individual rides and roller coasters even faster and easier.
The integration of the Steam Workshop makes it possible to include content created by players. Dedicated fans have already contributed hundreds of rides, decorations and other assets – expect more after release.
The last update has greatly expanded the scope of Indoorlands, adding coasters, trends, events and contracts. Also: three different park environments, new entertainment halls, coaster track decorations, blueprints for community challenges and much more.
Features of Indoorlands:
- As a manager, players must build and expand a park, identify and satisfy guests’ needs, research attractions and buildings, and also keep an eye on economics.
- Research centers generate research points that are needed to unlock additional attractions, restaurants, shops, halls and rides, as well as for general park improvements.
- The “Create your Ride” mode even offers the possibility to construct your own unique rides and share them via the Steam Workshop.
- Rollercoasters attract visitors: players can construct their own tracks and use different cars and stations. There are also blueprints and creations from the Steam Workshop for this.
- Different types of visitors have individual requirements and wishes that players should not neglect. Over time, new types of visitors will come to the park, for which specific buildings should be built accordingly.
- There are no limits to creativity: players can choose from over 1,000 decorations from different themes. All thematic areas and decorations can be freely combined, making each hall truly unique.
- Blueprint System: Whether it’s indoor theme park designs, rides, or roller coaster creations, players can share their blueprints with other indoor theme park operators via the Steam Workshop.
Planning the park is a challenging task. Space is expensive and maintenance buildings such as toilets should be built away from the flow of visitors.
Various tools such as feedback reports, heat maps and individual visitor details provide all the information you need.
Players can respond to special events and hot trends. By selecting and completing Contracts, players will also earn additional rewards.