Pokémon Go – How to catch Ditto and everything you need to know about it
THE Ditto is one of the most famous Pokémon in conjunction with Legendary Pokémon such as Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo and Mew, and now you can finally catch this creature!
In the main games of the Pokémon saga this creature is famous for its main attack – Transform – which allows it to copy the appearance of the enemy Pokémon. In Pokémon Go this remains the case, so you will have to be aware if you want to catch this Pokémon.
How do you catch Ditto in Pokémon Go?
Unlike other Pokémon, Ditto does not appear in its original form, but in the form of another Pokémon, and you will only be able to discover it when you catch this creature:
Caught Ditto !! #PokemonGO #ditto @trnrtips @PokemonGoApp pic.twitter.com/3asbERWjQU
– Steve Crawford (@ SCrawford1987) November 23, 2016 Manage cookie settings
In other words, this means that it is impossible to know if the Pokémon you are fighting is a “real” Pokémon or a Ditto. However, the chances of that Pokémon actually being a Ditto are low, which means that you will have to catch a lot of Pokémon until you are lucky enough to find a Ditto.
After catching this Pokémon, it will work just like the other Pokémon, being able to receive Candy to evolve, and fight in the Gymnasiums.
What you need to know about Ditto in Pokémon Go
- It is possible to catch this Pokémon with Lure or Incense. In addition, if you catch a Ditto at a given location, players who are nearby can catch a Ditto exactly the same as you did.
- Ironically, Ditto often turns into ordinary Pokémon, such as Pidgey, Ratatta or Magikarp. In addition, according to Reddit users, this creature also appears transformed into second generation Pokémon, such as Hoothoot, Yanma and Sentret.
- According to the Pokémon Go sub-Reddit, this pokémon is capable of achieving impressive results in Gyms. In both Attack and Defense, this Pokémon copies opponents’ attacks, but retains its original stats and CP. Although in theory you lose some time at the beginning of a battle, while Ditto is transforming, you can take a high CP Ditto and be able to fight good battles.
- The first Pokémon that your Ditto fights in a Gym, will be the form he will take throughout all battles in that Gym, so make sure you use this trick to your advantage.
- If a battle occurs between two Dittos, none of them will change. Therefore, the only attack they will use will be Struggle, as these creatures only have two attacks.
- Ditto is a Normal Type Pokémon and has no evolution. At Pokédex Inglesa, we can read the following information about him: “Ditto rearranges its cell structure to transform itself into other shapes. However, if it tries to transform itself into something by relying on its memory, this Pokémon manages to get details wrong.”
- Although it is difficult to find this Pokémon, it is possible to catch several Dittos at the same time.
- If you want to choose this Pokémon as your Buddy and win Candy with it, you will have to walk 3 km.
The following is an updated list of Pokémon whose form Ditto can take:
- Bidoof (new)
- Hoppip (new)
- Numel (new
- Seedot (new)
- Skitty (new)
- Spinarak (new)
- Weedle (new)
- I guess
Want more help with Pokémon Go? Learn more with our Tricks, tips, guide, advice and codes, with Tips from those who caught them all and also consult our guide on the Gym updates and new changes. In addition, we also have new information about the new Legendary and Rare Pokémon. If you haven’t seen it yet, we also have the latest news about Raid Battles, how to catch Baby Pokémon, including the Tyrogue, as well as the brand new Badges, and how Berries work. If you have difficulty evolving your Eevee, knowing where the Pokémon go and what biomes exist, you can also read our guides to clear up all your doubts. Lastly, if you have difficulty catching PokéCoins, Candy, Shiny Pokémon, or gaining a lot of XP, we also have several guides!