Pokémon Go – New Pokémon Snap Event – dates, times, bonuses, Dodrio and Chinchou
For those who still don’t know, New Pokémon Snap arrives on the Nintendo Switch on April 30, the “sequel” to one of the most beloved games on the Nintendo 64. It’s no surprise that Niantic likes to celebrate real world events in Pokémon Go and New Pokémon Snap is no exception – in this guide, you can learn all about the New Pokémon Snap event on Pokémon Go.
New Pokémon Snap will then be released at the end of the month, after a 22-year break in the series. For this very reason, Niantic created a special celebration in Pokémon Go to celebrate the arrival of the game.
By focusing on Pokémon from the Lental region, trainers will be able to obtain rare Pokémon along with a ton of unique rewards. Here is everything there is to know about this brief celebration for a limited time.
New Pokémon Snap event in Pokémon Go – dates and times
Not unlike the other small events in Pokémon Go, you’ll only have a small window to enter and interact with this celebration.
The New Pokémon Snap celebration starts on Thursday, April 29, at 10am, and runs until Sunday, may 2ndat 20h.
This gives you just four days to celebrate the launch of the new game and collect everything that is offered. Make sure you get in quickly before it’s too late. Below, you can see the stages, challenges and rewards of the New Pokémon Snap event in Pokémon Go.
New Pokémon Snap Mission – Step 1 of 4
- Take a picture of Metapod, Aipom or Lotad in nature – 5 PokéBalls
- Use 3 Berries to pick up Pokémon – encounter with Bunnelby
- Takes 3 photos of wild Pokémon – Meowth encounter
Rewards: 750 XP, 5 Nanab Berries, encounter with Dodrio
New Pokémon Snap Mission – Step 2 of 4
- Take a picture of Sandshrew, Trapinch or Cacnea in nature – 10 PokéBalls
- Use 5 Berries to catch Pokémon – encounter with Sandshrew
- Takes 3 photos of wild Ground type Pokémon – encounter with Onix
Rewards: 1250 XP, 5 Razz Berries and encounter with Skarmory
New Pokémon Snap Mission – Step 3 of 4
- Take a picture of Chinchou, Finneon or Ducklett in the wild – 10 Great Balls
- Use 7 Berries to pick up Pokémon – encounter with Wailmer
- Takes 3 photos of wild water-type Pokémon – encounter with Qwilfish
Rewards: 2000 XP, 5 Pinap Berries and meeting with Matine
New Pokémon Snap Mission – Step 4 of 4
- Takes 15 photos of wild Pokémon – 10 Great Balls
- Take a picture of a Dodrio, Mantine or Skamory in the wild – encounter with Skorupi
- Use 5 Berries to catch Pokémon: – 1000 Stardust
Rewards: 8000 XP and encounter with Clamperl
To clarify what is above – you will have to take pictures of the creatures in the nature; so, as you find them and before capturing them, press the Camera icon at the top of the screen. Another note, when it comes to tasks where you take multiple photos of the same type of Pokémon, you can photograph the same Pokémon as many times as you want to complete the challenge.
Field Research Tasks and everything you need to know about the New Pokémon Snap Celebration in Pokémon Go
Throughout the New Pokémon Snap celebration in Pokémon Go, you’ll be able to collect a variety of unique field research tasks by spinning PokéStops. These tasks can be saved and completed after the event is over, but you will need to find them within the Sustainability Week event.
Here are the tasks of the New Pokémon Snap Ceelebration field research and its rewards:
- Use 5 Berries to capture Pokémon reward – meeting with Croagunk, Stunfisk, Stunky, Wooper or Wurmple
- Use 5 Golden Razz Berries to capture Pokémon reward – meeting with Alolan Vulpux or Lapras
- Takes a picture of a Pokémon in the wild reward – 3 Pinap Berries or Razz Berries
- Takes 5 photos of a Pokémon in the wild reward – meeting with Dodrio, Skarmory or Mantine
New Pokémon Snap event features
- Increased Spawn Rates: Pokémon inspired by deserts, jungles and underwater landscapes in the Lental region will appear more frequently. This includes names like Lotad, Cacnea and Ducklet.
- Smeargle shiny: The Pokémon Smeargle will appear more often than usual during the event. In addition, a Smeargle shiny may also appear.
- Pokémon from the Lental region highlighted in raids: Vaporeon, Meganium and Trapinch will appear more often in raids during the celebration.
Whether you’ve been waiting for a new Pokémon Snap or are just a more casual Pokémon Go player, this limited-time event has something for everyone.
We will continue to pay attention to the New Pokémon Snap event on Pokémon Go – if there is anything new in the meantime, we will then update this article with the new information!