Who we are
Our website address is: https://samagame.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
SECTION 4 – GENERAL INFORMATION
4.1 HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
Information collected from our Ad Services and Samagame Properties may be disclosed:
- To our affiliates: We may disclose your information to our affiliates for the purposes described in this Policy. Samagame is the party responsible for the management of your personal information jointly used by it and its affiliates.
- Publisher Clients: We may disclose information to our Publisher Clients to allow them to analyze the effectiveness and performance of our Ad Services and to offer targeted ad inventory to our Media Buyer Clients.
- Media Buyers: If you are an End User, we may share information we collect in connection with our Ad Services with our Media Buyer Clients for purposes relevant to our business relationships with them, such as for billing purposes, dispute resolution, or fraud prevention and to allow them to make decisions regarding buying advertising inventory on our Publisher Clients’ Digital Properties and other websites and applications, and to analyze the effectiveness and performance of their advertising campaigns via our services to enable our Media Buyer Clients to provide you with more relevant content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Attribution and Analytics Partners: If you are an End User, we may share this information (such as your cookie ID, mobile device ID, or other unique identifiers) with our (or our Publisher Client or Media Buyer’s) attribution and analytics partners to validate and measure the success and effectiveness of ads delivered via the Platform.
- With our vendors, consultants, and other service providers: We may share this information with our third-party service providers, vendors, contractors, or agents who perform functions required for the operation of the business. Examples include providing data storage and processing services, lead management, campaign management, technical support for our Platform and Samagame Properties and fraud prevention.
- Website advertising partners: As noted above, we may partner with certain third parties to collect information on the Samagame Properties to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting, as well as to deliver advertising that we believe may interest you based on your activity on the Samagame Properties and other websites over time. We may share information with them for this purpose.
- Business transfers: We may share this information with a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- For legal purposes: We may share this information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with subpoenas, warrants, or other legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- With consent: We may disclose an individual’s information to any other person with the individual’s consent to such disclosure.
4.2 YOUR OPT-OUT CHOICES
Opting out of receiving electronic communications from us
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by clicking on the opt-out link within the email message that you receive from us. Please also note that if you do opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still be required to send you administrative messages relating to our services from time to time.
4.3 YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to request access to or that we change, update, or delete your personal information at any time. Please note that we may impose a small fee for access and disclosure of your personal information where permitted under applicable law, which will be first communicated to you.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- The right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you also have the following rights:
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information, restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- Please note that because most of the information we store can only identify a particular browser or device, and cannot directly identify you personally, you may need to provide us with some additional detailed information to enable us to identify the information we hold about you and ensure that we accurately fulfil your request and do not infringe on the privacy rights of other individuals. To Learn more see “EEA Data Rights Explained” below.
4.4 LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION (EEA END USERS AND VISITORS ONLY)
If you are a resident of the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we normally rely on our legitimate interests to collect personal information from you, except where such interests are overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information, they include the interests described in the sections above.
In some cases, we may rely on your consent or have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we rely on consent to collect and/or process your personal information, we will obtain such consent in compliance with applicable laws.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
4.5 THIRD PARTIES
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including our vendors or any other third party operating any site or service to which the Ad Services or Samagame Properties link. The inclusion of a link through the Ad Services or Online Property does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other digital properties, app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Ad Services or Samagame Properties.
4.6 HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We use reasonable organizational, technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect the personal information we collect and process. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information and to help ensure that your data is safe and secure. However, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
4.7 RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy and where we have ongoing legitimate business needs to do so (for example, to provide the Ad Services, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements, to enforce our agreements or comply with our legal obligations) unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
If you are an End User, we may retain information that we collect through the Ad Services based on our data retention limitations, or indefinitely. We use precise geolocation for the specific ad impression to which the geolocation relates, after which the geolocation information is aggregated with other geolocation data for use by us for analytical purposes. If we de-identify information we collect through the Ad Services, we may retain that information, in an aggregated format, indefinitely. In such cases, we commit to not re-identifying the information. If we are required to retain information to comply with a legal or audit obligation, we may store End User information for longer periods.
4.8 INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
The Samagame Properties and Ad Services are provided, supported, and hosted in the United States. If you are using these from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information, in the United States and other locations. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country of residence.
However, we have taken specific and appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with the EEA and European Union data protection law.