“At the end of the year, innovation combines creativity”: with these words, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) recalls that it has revealed juicy new details about PlayStation 5, including the design of the next-gen console and a wide range of titles never before seen on the platform. All details in the official press release.
At a live streaming event attended by millions of gamers, SIE presented PS5 ™ hardware for the first time: a grainy two-tone design poised to mark a break from previous PlayStation consoles. When launching, the PS5 will be available in two versions: a standard model with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc player and a digital model that does not feature it, giving fans an unprecedented choice.
On today’s live stream, fans also got a glimpse of the games that will define the next generation of games on PlayStation 5. Thanks to dozens of titles, many of which will be released as consoles or consoles. Absolute exclusives on PS5, the developers of the world’s greatest talent have shown the potential of hardware, which will allow gamers to experience richer experiences and be enveloped in extraordinary game worlds like never before.
Jim Ryan, President and CEO of SIE announces, “With PlayStation 5, we are taking a big step forward to deliver a generation of truly revolutionary gaming experiences that will redefine expectations of what a video game can do. The game worlds will be more beautiful and detailed, to engage the senses in a previously unknown way. Plus, thanks to super-fast downloads, the experience will be incredibly smooth. “Is just a taste of what the new generation has in store for players. We would like to thank our community for helping us on the path to launching the PS5. “
One of the most successful series of all time, Grand Theft Auto, is coming to PS5, thanks to the close collaboration between SIE and Rockstar Games. Improved and expanded versions of Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online will arrive on PS5 in the second half of 2021. With a series of technical, visual and performance improvements, GTAV and GTA Online will make the most of the hardware. PS5 and its new features, making games more beautiful and more responsive than ever. Additionally, a new standalone version of Grand Theft Auto Online will be available for free within the first three months of the title launch for all PS5 owners. Once received, the game is theirs, and with a PlayStation Plus membership, PS5 owners can play GTA Online as much as they want. Finally, starting today, all owners of GTAV for PS4 will receive one million GTA dollars per month until the launch of the PS5 version in 2021.
Additionally, SIE Worldwide Studios and the industry’s leading publishers and developers have revealed a lineup of titles for PS5 that showcases the immensity and uniqueness of gaming experiences. Some of PlayStation Studios’ first exclusive games include: Spider-Man Miles Morales from Marvel (Insomniac Games), Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital) and Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games).
Third-party titles include blockbuster series like NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts) and Resident Evil ™ Village (Capcom), as well as new IPs coming to PS5 as exclusive consoles including DEATHLOOP ™ (Bethesda) and Project Athia * (Square Enix / Luminous Productions). New titles from independent developers, such as Stray (Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio) and Bugsnax (Young Horses), demonstrate the variety of content coming to the platform.
SIE has also announced a series of new PS5 accessories that will enhance the gaming experience, including:
- Wireless headphones with PULSE 3D microphone, with 3D audio support and dual microphone with noise cancellation.
- HD camera, with dual 1080p lenses to allow gamers to recover while showing their most epic gaming actions
- Remote control for content, with built-in microphone that lets you easily navigate between movies and streaming services
- DualSense charging base, to easily charge two DualSense wireless controllers
SIE will announce pricing and other details on PlayStation 5 later.
PS5 games from SIE Worldwide Studios and third party partners
- Astro Games Room (Japan Studio)
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV)
- Gran Turismo 7 (digital polyphony)
- Horizon The Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales (Jeux Insomniac)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Returnal (Housemarque / XDEV)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV)
PS5 games from third-party publishers and developers
- Bugsnax (Young horses)
- DEATHLOOP (Bethesda)
- Ghostwire: Tokyo (Bethesda)
- Godfall (Gearbox Edition / Counterplay Games)
- Goodbye Volcano High (KO-OP)
- Grand Theft Auto V et Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar Games)
- HITMAN 3 (IO Interactive)
- JETT: The Far Shore (Super-frères)
- Kena: Spirit Bridge (Ember Lab)
- Little Devil Inside (Neostream Interactive)
- NBA 2K21 (2K, visual concepts)
- Oddworld Soulstorm (Habitants d’Oddworld)
- Pragmata (Capcom)
- Projet Athia (Square Enix / Luminous Productions)
- Resident Evil Village (Capcom)
- Sun Ash (Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine)
- Stray (Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio)
- Tribes of Midgard (Gearbox Publishing / Norsfell)
- The Pathless (Annapurna Interactive / Giant Squid)