Quake has received its second major update for Nintendo Switch.
The improved version of quake is easily one of the retro highlights of 2021, and it just keeps getting better, with Bethesda and its developers releasing the second major update for all platforms, including Nintendo Switch.
The highlight of ‘Update 2’ is the Horde mode, created by the team at MachineGames ( Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus ). This mode includes 1-4 player co-op as well as optional bots. And if that wasn’t enough, there’s also a new free add-on ‘Honey’: “an atmospheric journey through a mist-laden village with a dark secret beneath the surface.” Last but not least are some quality of life improvements and bug fixes.
There are also some bug fixes specific to the Nintendo Switch version of the game. Here are the full details, courtesy of the official Bethesda website:
QUAKE – UPDATE 2 POST NOTES
Update 2 contains a new Horde mode created by MachineGames with 1-4 player co-op (including optional bots), new “Honey” addon, some quality of life improvements and bug fixes. Quake launches on the Epic Games Store (for PC). With Horde mode you can play solo, with bots or friends, and take on waves of enemies of increasing difficulty. Earn silver keys to unlock access to better weapons. Survive long enough and earn a golden key, which will allow you to either escape, or stay behind and fight the Quake armies until you drop.
- All new multiplayer PvE experience designed by MachineGames
- Supports 1-4 players or bots in local and online multiplayer (custom games only)
- Playable at all difficulty levels.
- Includes 4 new maps designed specifically for Horde mode.
- Earn points by killing enemies
- Kill multiple enemies in quick succession for bonus points.
- Your progression resets after the last player dies
- Every third wave has boss monsters, but once you kill it, you get a silver key to unlock more weapons and items.
- After the ninth wave, you get a golden key to unlock the exit, or you can keep fighting as long as you can.
- Monsters have a chance to drop Quadruple Damage and the Protection Pentagram (Buffs last 5 seconds once picked up and disappear if not picked up after 10 seconds)
NEW SUPPLEMENT: HONEY
Extend your Quake experience with the free Honey add-on and delve into the darkness to conquer a deadly plague that infects the land.
For a unique look behind the curtain, check out our Nods to Mods interview with the author of “Honey,” MachineGames Senior Level Designer Christian Grawer here.
Read more about how to access Honey here
- Improved auto aim to reduce the amount of clicks and block sight on enemies
- Crosshair color and type can now be changed from the game options menu
- Plugins menu can now be used to play previously downloaded plugins offline
- Text chat and push to talk voice chat are now available in pre-game lobbies
- Added the ability to invite friends across PC platforms using players on your Bethesda.net friends list (optional)
RANGER SKINS IN QUAKE CHAMPIONS AND DOOM ETERNAL
Owners of our Quake re-release can log in with their in-game Bethesda.net credentials to win the Ranger Fighter Skin for DOOM Eternal and the Quake Guy Ranger Skin with Gladus Ax in Quake Champions. (NOTE: In addition to owning Quake, players must also own DOOM Eternal or Quake Champions to use their respective skins)
Note: Nintendo Switch users can unlock the Ranger Slayer skin in DOOM Eternal alongside update 6.66 sometime in early 2022. Stay tuned to the Slayers Club for updates!
- Fixed Death Knight being incorrectly referred to as Hell Knight in the Quake Main Campaign.
- Bots now chat less
- Fixed cases where texture borders were visible around certain HUD elements.
- Fixed weapon firing immediately after respawning in multiplayer.
- Disabling Activate Microphone before connecting to online services now correctly mutes the microphone
- Fixed a crash related to secret levels when loading a save.
- Fixed controller audio not playing in multiplayer when in someone else’s lobby
- Deadzone and other sliders should no longer have unselectable values
- Fixed Achievement popup being cut off when the pause menu is active.
Microsoft Store (PC)
- The “first controller” configuration now works correctly
You can see the trailer in the following LINK.
Rate this post