Capcom has released more information about Lady Dimitrescu and her daughters, who will be the villains in Resident Evil Village and will do everything to kill the protagonist Ethan Winters. The company gave details about the creation of the characters and the game world.
The news was announced in an article published today by IGN. Below are the main points:
- Lady Dimitrescu’s name is Alcina Dimitrescu.
- When she hunts down Winters, there are two options: get her blood sucked and die, or run for her life.
- Lady Dimitrescu’s shoe is 44 cm, with her foot being almost 4 cm larger than that of Jeison Rodriguez Hernandez, holder of that Guinness record.
- Art director Tomonori Takano made Dimitrescu’s shoes based on a real pair of high heels, which were scanned and then digitally resized.
- Takano and the director, Morimasa Sato, did not expect such an impact with Lady Dimitrescu. Upon seeing this, Sato was reassured because he realized that their design was right.
- The concept of the game taking place in a village was defined early on in development.
- The idea was to create an environment and enemies that felt similar to that of Resident Evil 4.
- There are other characters with similar impact to Lady Dimitrescu.
- Her design started with the use of the Mia character model wearing a dress and hat. After that, they made her bigger and eventually she became Lady Dimitrescu.
- With her design ready, they created the gothic Dimitrescu Castle to match the character.
- They tried different ideas to make Dimitrescu look scary and show that she is a boss in the game. In the end, making it almost 3 meters tall was the simplest idea, but the one they found most effective.
- Her clothes and look were inspired by styles from the 1960s. Actress Audrey Hepburn and The Addams Family are mentioned.
- Dimitrescu’s three daughters are named Bela, Cassandra and Daniela.
- Bella is the oldest. A reserved and intelligent woman.
- Cassandra is a who loves to kill.
- Daniela is the youngest, being the craziest and most delusional of the three.
- Ethan Winters has a family to protect, so they decided to create something similar for Lady Dimitrescu, for contrast.
- Initially, there was going to be a castle with a hundred witches inside, but they saw that it would be very difficult to implement that in a game format.
- The hundred witches in that original concept would be mostly naked.
- In the end, it turned out that a giant countess and her three vampire daughters were the best choice when the team decided to “bring back the terror”.
- All enemies in the castle are female.
- Men are the victims, who have their blood sucked by these women.
- Outside the castle, you can see the victims’ bodies displayed like scarecrows. All of them are men, to give the idea that there is a place where women are very strong.
Resident Evil Village is out on May 7 for PC (Steam), PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series.