[SOLVED] : Telegram: 30 tips and tricks to become a king of messaging Part two
Lock your chats
One of the reasons people love Telegram so much is because of its multiple built-in security features. One of them allows you to lock your chats so that if someone gets access to your phone, they won’t be able to read your chat logs.
- To set an access code, go to Settings -> Privacy and security -> Access code lock, then enter your 4-digit code. You can even choose to unlock chats with your fingerprint. Now that you have set a password, you can click the padlock in the upper right corner of your chats and lock the chat.
Reply directly to messages in group chats
If you have a lot to do in a group chat, you always have the option of directly replying to the message in the chat. Just long press the message and select Reply.
Search your message history
Looking for that message you sent months ago? Don’t feel like scrolling for hours just to find it? Just use the built-in search function.
- Go to the chat where you sent the message, tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and tap on Search. You can then enter any text or keyword you are looking for and Telegram will filter the messages for you.
Like Twitter, Telegram also allows you to use the hashtag (#) to create virtual sections where all posts related to a topic are grouped together.
- To use this feature, just type # and type the theme to create a new hashtag, or select a pre-existing theme from those that appear in the preview (right after entering the #).
All the hashtags are grouped together in each user’s directory, so you can find them by searching the conversation history.
Use Telegram on PC
Similar to WhatsApp which you can use on Telegram on your PC, Mac and Linux. Rather than a web client, Telegram is available as a PC app, which you can easily download here: https://desktop.telegram.org/
Check active sessions
Telegram supports multiple sessions, which means you can access your chats on multiple devices at the same time. Sometimes it’s helpful to have an overview of which devices you still have an active session on. If you go to Settings -> Privacy & Security> Active Sessions, you can see where you are currently logged in. If you want, you can log out and end some sessions.
Animated stickers and GIFs
I am not talking here about a simple emoji, but real images that can be used to express the most diverse feelings, which are distinguished by the most elaborate graphics. the stickers are a kind of figures in drawings, which can be downloaded in complete packages with different themes or individually. You can even create your own bot with the @stickers robot, which will guide you through the process.
Animated GIFs can be searched and sent between Telegram contacts through a phonebook inside the app itself, so you don’t need to search Google and send a still image to play with a contact, just attach an animated GIF provided by Telegram itself.
Change the theme and color
Telegram allows you to customize the application interface with one of the preconfigured themes or to use your creativity and create your own content.
- Open Telegram and tap the button at the top left corner of the screen, then tap Settings in the app menu.
- In the app settings, tap “Theme”, then select one of the following themes: Blue or Dark.
- If you want to create a custom theme, touch “Create new theme”, then enter a name for the theme and confirm with “OK”.
- Tap on the drawing palette icon to the right of “Create New Theme” and choose the item whose color you want to change.
- All you have to do is choose the colors for each item in the list and touch “Save”, then select “Save theme”.
This trick lets you customize the interface with one of the pre-configured themes or use your creativity to create your own color scheme.
Create custom masks
Telegram, one of the main competitors of WhatsApp, stands out for its set of image editing tools, including masks, which personalize with images or adornments the photos taken with the camera or stored in the cell phone gallery, are one of the funniest features for making wall art.
Check out this tutorial on how robot interaction or automated profiling works and how to create masks in the messenger.
- Telegram has an automatic profile to help users create personalized stickers and masks. Search for “@Stickers” in the contact search and select the result shown.
- The messenger will display a conversation with the “@Stickers” button, press “Start” to activate it and view the list with basic commands to create your own stickers and masks.
- Then send the “/ newmask” command to create a custom masking package and complete the operation by choosing a name.
Note: The images must be in PNG format, have a resolution of 512 x 512 pixels and a maximum size of 350 KB. If the submission is accepted, the bot will send a message with four types of masks to configure the image, choose one options.
- Orient the figure according to the classification chosen previously and press “Ready” to finish, then repeat these steps to send other accessory figures to the created package.
- Complete the creation of the package by typing “/ publish” in the message box, the automatic profile will ask you for a name to define the address of the new mask group.
- The bot will respond by showing the post and its link to the created masquerade package, then opening it, click “Add masks” to upload them to your telegram’s image edit menu.
- The new masks will be available for quick edit use in messenger and can still be shared with your contacts.