Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 officially presented.
Finally the Sony Ericsson XPERIA x10 has been presented today, the truth is that it has not been a very well kept secret, but in view of the results it is not something that matters to us, since all the spectacular characteristics that we have been reading for days have been positively confirmed past.
We forget about Rachael, X3, or any other name that we have attributed to her in our pages to know her from now on as Sony Ericsson XPERIA x10which will initially have Android version 1.6 as the operating systemwhich, wrapped in a new user interface, form a group that Sony Ericsson has decided to call UX, User eXperience.
As we already rumored, the Xperia X10’s main hardware claim is its chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 at 1GHzbecoming the second Android phone to use a platform, after the Acer Liquid.
Also confirm your camera 8.1 megapixels with LED Flash and face recognition, in terms of memory the 256MB of RAM and 8GB of memory for storage in the form of a microSD card, and the 4-inch capacitive screen. At the end of the news I will list the rest of the technical specifications.
From the Sony Ericsson XPERIA x10 You will have access to both Android Market and Play Now Arena, and it has integration with the main social networks, for this they present us with two new features:
- Sony Ericsson Timescapein line with other recently released interfaces, unifies on the same screen the different communications with our contacts, Facebook, Twitter, photographs, emails, text messages…
- sony ericsson mediascapea service to get music, photos or videos from both contacts and artists, unifying the content of the phone, YouTube or Play Now Arena.
Definitely Sony Ericsson has gone from zero to one hundred in a few seconds with this XPERIA X10, which will be available in the first quarter of next year, I’m sorry for those who expected it for Christmas, at the moment there is no more information about it.
promotional video of Sony Ericsson:
Watching the videos from other media gives me some concern to think that we are facing a final version, in some the fluidity is not present, something that tarnishes the presentation of such a well-designed product.
As I have read in SlashGeareverything that has to do with the new UX interface, is not completely optimized to the hardware, and this may be the reason for the performance difference with other applications such as Google Maps, which work normally:
I update with a new high-quality video, here you can see the slowness of the new interface, but I’m sure it’s a matter of optimization:
Waiting for the official galleries to be available, I leave you with those obtained by other means:
The official images are here:
Full spec sheet Sony Ericsson XPERIA x10:
- 8.1 megapixels
- 16x digital zoom
- facial and smile recognition
- geo tagging
- touch focus
- image and video stabilizer
- 4.0 inches
- 480 × 854 pixels (WVGA), 262,144 colors
- Wireless Headphones with FM Radio MW600
- AN300 car charger
- ET902 Screen Protector
- Dimensions 119 × 63 × 13mm
- Weight: 135 grams
- Memory card included: 8 GB microSD™
- Operating system: Google™ Android Donut, version 1.6
- Processor: 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ QSD8250
- Wisepilot™ turn-by-turn navigation* (trial version, not available in all markets)
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®
- Picture messaging (MMS)
- Predictive text input
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)
- Micro connector USB
- USB support
- Sony Ericsson Timescape™
- sony ericsson mediascape
- Sony Ericsson Home with clock widget
- Sony Ericsson Sync
- Android Market™ Client
- Google Calendar™
- Google Maps™ with Street View
- Google Media Uploader
- Google phone top search
- google search widget
- Google Voice Search™
- Network Location Provider
- Setup Wizard
Availability and versions
- UMTS HSPA 900/1700/2100
- gsm GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- UMTS HSPA 800/1900/2100
- gsm GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- In the main markets during Q1 2010
Official Site | Sony Ericsson.
More information | gadget | SlashGear.