Sony reduces the price of PS4 and PS4 Pro in Brazil
PS4 family consoles and their accessories will go down in price in Brazil.
The reduction is an official measure of Sony, a direct consequence of the reduction in the Tax on Industrialized Products (IPI), announced by the Brazilian government in the middle of August (via TechTudo).
Even with this price reduction, Sony consoles and accessories continue to be more expensive in Brazil than in Portugal and the rest of Europe. For example, a PS4 costs about 521 euros in Brazil. In Portugal the same console costs 299 euros.
It was not said when these prices will take effect, but Sony said it will be soon.
New prices in Brazil for PS4 consoles and accessories
- PS4 – It cost R $ 2599, now R $ 2399 (about 521 euros)
- PS4 Pro – It cost R $ 2999, now R $ 2799 (about 608 euros
- PS VR – It cost R $ 2799, now R $ 2599 (about 565 euros)
- DualShock 4 Controller Black – It cost R $ 259, now R $ 249 (about 54 euros)
- DualShock 4 Controller Other Colors – It cost R $ 279, now R $ 269 (about 58 euros)