Sony Xperia P arrives in Spain… and our analysis table.
At last it seems that the wait is over, and it is that in a few days the Sony Xperia P and the Sony Xperia U will finally arrive at the stores of our country, with which will complete the Xperia range NXT which was presented during the last Mobile World Congress.
The first of them, which will be the squire in the Xperia S range, will be available exclusively with the operator Vodafonewhich will distribute it in its original sales pack from zero euros based on the chosen rate.
The Sony Xperia P is a device oriented to the mid-rangealthough only its price will account for this, since its benefits are closer to the high range that of the mid-range itself.
To start an enviable list of specifications, the device debuts Sony’s White Magic technology in a smartphone, which adds a fourth white sub-pixel to the points of its 4-inch screen with qHD resolution. This promises to vastly improve whites, as well as allowing a better screen display in adverse lighting conditions.
Specifications of the Sony Xperia P
- Unibody design in aluminum with transparent band. Silver, black and red colors.
- Dimensions: 122 × 59.5 × 10.5 (mm) / Weight: 120 grams.
- Processor: 1GHz ST dual core u8500
- Screen: 4-inch reality display. Resolution 960×540. Mobile BRAVIA Engine. Shatter and scratch resistant glass.
- Memory: 1GB of memory RAM. 16 GB of internal memory not expandable.
- OS: Google Android™ 2.3 (Gingerbread), upgradable to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Camera: 8 megapixels with Exmor R sensor and flash leds. Full HD recording. 3D sweep panorama. Advanced camera features. Frontal camera vga.
- Ports: microHDMI. microUSB. Audio Jack 3.5mm CTIA.
- Connectivity: aGPS, GLONASS, NFC, dlna,Bluetooth,Wi-Fi, HSPA+.
- Battery: 1305mAh non-removable.
- Interface: Customized by Sony with specific software.
As if this were not enough, courtesy of Sony Mobile Spain, we have a test unit of the device, which we are already carrying out the pertinent analysis that we will bring you soon.
The packaging of the Sony Xperia P is identical to what we have already seen in the Sony Xperia S, with a small and minimalist box, with good protection for the device.
This time the device It is not accompanied by SmartTags or the cable HDMIalthough it must be remembered that the Japanese brand will market a specific multimedia dock for this terminal.
The design is very good and the exquisite construction for a terminal in its price range, with a all-aluminum unibody chassis that maintains in the transparent band an unmistakable hallmark and a detail of distinction that almost everyone will like.
The terminal is rectangular with rounded corners, although its design is minimalist and “square”. In terms of size, it is very successful, and surely with a 4-inch screen it will delight those users who are fed up with huge screens on all leading smartphones.
And to whet your appetite, we leave you a small unboxing photo gallery of the terminal:
If you want to know something specific, or Do you have any questions? about the Sony Xperia P, do not hesitate to leave it in the comments so we can take a closer look at it.
In Engadget Android | Sony Xperia P introduces White Magic technology in video