Super Mario 3D All-Stars, Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit and Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. are all released this year.
Mario has come a long way since jumping on that first Goomba in World 1-1 of the original Super Mario Bros. Now, 35 years after that game’s release in Japan, he’s been the star of all kinds of games on Nintendo Switch, drawing a spotlight on brands like LEGO, Kinder Joy and Monopoly. Plus, a special Super Mario-style Splatfest is coming to Splatoon 2.
Pre-order → The game card version Super Mario 3D All-Stars is only being produced in a limited edition and the download version will only be available until the end of March 2021. So be quick. Now available at:
Nintendo is celebrating its Super Mario birthday in a big way
In a new video presentation airing today, Nintendo has unveiled several games, products and in-game events that are coming to mark the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. This includes games that are new to the various Nintendo Switch systems, such as Super Mario 3D All-Stars, a collection of three Super Mario games of the modern era consisting of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy; Super Mario Bros. 35, an online battle for 35 players set in the world of the original Super Mario Bros .; and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, an improved version of Super Mario 3D World originally released on Wii U.
Additionally, the video showcased new Super Mario experiences to be released this year, such as Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, bringing the fun of the Mario Kart series to the real world by using the Nintendo Switch system to create a real, drive a physical kart; the classic Super NES game Super Mario All-Stars to be released for Nintendo Switch Online later today; and a new Nintendo product called Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros., a small game console based on the classic Game & Watch systems that play Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros .: The Lost Levels and Ball.
Highlights from the video included:
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars: Optimized versions of the 3D Super Mario games Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy are coming to Nintendo Switch in one bundle. In addition to having higher resolutions than the native versions, these games are optimized for a smooth gameplay experience on Nintendo Switch. Super Mario 3D All-Stars also includes an in-game music player that lets you listen to the music from all three games, even when the Nintendo Switch system screen is turned off. Super Mario 3D All-Stars will be released exclusively on Nintendo Switch family systems on September 18. The game card version will be produced in a limited edition and the download version will only be available until the end of March 2021. Super Mario 3D All-Stars is available for pre-order from Nintendo eShop starting today.
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit: Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, created by Nintendo and Velan Studios, brings the fun of the Mario Kart series to the real world with a Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite as players race for first place with a physical kart. The kart responds to in-game and real-world boosts, stops if the player is hit by an object in-game, and can be affected in different ways depending on the race. Players place gates to map out a route in the house in a shape of their own choosing. Race in grand prixs against Koopalings to unlock Mario and Luigi track skins and costumes and play with up to four players in local multiplayer mode. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, which will be available as the Mario Set and Luigi Set, will be released on October 16.
- Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros: This new device is based on the original Game & Watch systems that were first released in 1980. The original handheld device contained a game and could also be used as a watch. The original Game & Watch series has sold more than 43 million units worldwide. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. features a modern direction button. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. includes the classic games Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros .: The Lost Levels (released in Japan as Super Mario Bros. 2) and a special version of Ball with a Mario sauce, a clock with 35 secrets to discover, including some guest appearances from Mario’s friends and enemies. Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. will be released on November 13.
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury: Multiplayer on Nintendo Switch: not for the cat! Originally released for Wii U, this modern version of Super Mario 3D World features co-op gameplay (both online and in local multiplayer) across a variety of creative levels. Later on, more details will be revealed about new elements this game has to offer. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury will be released for Nintendo Switch on February 12, 2021. On the same day, the Kat-Mario and Kat-Peach amiibo will also be released as a double pack.
- Super Mario Bros. 35: Welcome to Super Mario Bros with 35 players! In this competitive game, 35 players compete against each other online to be the last Mario. The enemies you defeat are sent to your opponents, but that also works the other way around! Players can activate special items to try to outsmart and outsmart their opponents. Super Mario Bros. 35 will be released as a download only version on October 1 and will be available exclusively to Nintendo Switch Online members. The game will be playable through March 31, 2021.
- Super Mario All-Stars: The classic Super NES game, which features enhanced versions of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros .: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3 with enhanced 16-bit graphics, joins the collection of games available with Nintendo Switch Online later today!