The Monster Hunter series rises above itself with MONSTER HUNTER RISE. The new game in the series will be released on March 26, 2021 for the Nintendo Switch. In this new game, special creatures give players the ability to reach clifftops and use the elevation changes in the landscape to their advantage. MONSTER HUNTER RISE from CAPCOM was featured in the latest Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, alongside many other games released by Nintendo’s developer and publisher partners. The presentation can be viewed again here: Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase September 2020.
In MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin, another Monster Hunter game revealed in the presentation, players become a Monster Rider and embark on an RPG adventure where they will encounter many familiar monsters from the series. Both titles were featured in the Monster Hunter Direct, which can be re-watched at this link: Monster Hunter Direct – September 17, 2020.
In addition to the reveal of the two Monster Hunter games, the video presentation showcased a wide variety of other Nintendo Switch games from Nintendo developer and publisher partners, including Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destinythe latest addition to the popular tactical RPG series; Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise, a new way to get moving with Nintendo Switch; and Ori and the Will of the Wispsthe sequel to the spectacular Ori and the Blind Forestwhich is also released today!
Some highlights from the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase and the Monster Hunter Direct included:
- MONSTER HUNTER RISE: In the latest installment in the action RPG series, players hunt terrifying monsters and climb to new heights. Get ready to travel to the colorful Kamura Village, a serene mountain village where players will be immersed in a unique culture and learn innovative hunting techniques. A special insect called a Wirebug allows players to navigate the areas in a unique way, even making it possible to reach clifftops and tall buildings. The areas in the various quests are not divided into zones, allowing players to explore the vast landscapes without intermediate loading times. MONSTER HUNTER RISE will be released on March 26, 2021 for Nintendo Switch. A Deluxe Edition (download only) will also be released, containing the full game and the Deluxe Kit DLC Pack. This pack includes additional in-game content such as a ‘Kamurai’ full layered armor set, exclusive gestures, cosmetic items and more. The standard version and the Deluxe Edition of MONSTER HUNTER RISE are available for digital pre-order from Nintendo eShop from today. Players who pre-order the Standard or Deluxe Edition will receive bonus in-game items such as layered armor and more. Monster Hunter amiibo* give players even more in-game perks. A Collector’s Edition of MONSTER HUNTER RISE will also be released on March 26, 2021. This includes a game card version of the game, a download code for the Deluxe Kit DLC Pack, a Magnamalo amiibo, a ‘Kamura Mark’ pin and a sticker sheet.
- MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin: MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin, which is currently in development, puts players in the shoes of a Monster Rider who befriends iconic monsters from the Monster Hunter series as they embark on epic adventures. More information will be revealed in the future about this narrative RPG coming to Nintendo Switch in Summer 2021.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps: The little ghost Ori has already faced many dangers, but when an innocent flight endangers the owl Ku, courage alone is not enough to reunite a family, restore a torn land and discover Ori’s true fate. Moon Studios, makers of the acclaimed action platformer Ori and the Blind Forestnow come with a new adventure in a huge, hand-drawn world full of new friends and enemies. Ori and the Will of the WispsAccompanied by a fully orchestrated soundtrack, the game maintains the carefully crafted platforming and deep, emotional storytelling that are a hallmark of Moon Studios. Ori and the Will of the Wisps releases today for Nintendo Switch.
- Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise: The sequel to Gym Boxing has stepped into the ring! Grab the Joy-Con controllers, choose the music and workouts, and perform all kinds of boxing exercises! Players can choose from nine different trainers, each with their own personality. Three trainers make their debut in the game: Karen, Janice and Hiro. By training regularly, players build a bond with the trainers. It is even possible to customize trainers’ outfits, allowing players to personalize their workouts even more. Furthermore, the game has a mode for two players, an alarm function and the possibility to turn off certain boxing actions. In addition, stored data from the first Gym Boxinggame transfer! Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise will be released for the Nintendo Switch on December 4th.
- Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny: Due to super reincarnation, the brash zombie Zed becomes stronger when he dies! Dying and reincarnating, players make their way through various worlds to ultimately face the most powerful God of Destruction. Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny is the first game in the series to use 3D models, featuring colorful characters full of personality and the return of the series’ over-the-top combat system. Get ready for an experience that doesn’t care so much about common sense, genres and fate when Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch in Summer 2021. But that’s not the end of the story as far as Disgaea news is concerned: From September 23 at 10:00 AM to September 29 at 11:59 PM, the full version of Disgaea 5 Complete be free to play for a limited time in a Game Trial event, exclusive to Nintendo Switch Online members.
- Hades: Defeat the god of the dead in this Greek mythology based dungeon crawler. Thousands of story events and skill combinations create a unique experience in every play session, where players must hack and smash their way out of the underworld using the powers and mythical weapons of Olympus. Hades releases today for Nintendo Switch.
- Empire of Sin: In this new strategy game, players enter the criminal underworld of Prohibition era Chicago in the 1920s. It is up to the players to use persuasion and intimidation to rise to the top of this violent penoze and do everything they can to stay there. Empire of Sin comes to Nintendo Switch on December 1 and is available for pre-order starting today.
- Sniper Elite 4: Set in the largest and most diverse locations ever seen in a Sniper Elite game, players can enjoy thrilling shooting moments, stealth gameplay, and third-person action. Sniper Elite 4 fire sharp on the Nintendo Switch starting this winter.
- PGA TOUR 2K21: The fairway is waiting for you in PGA TOUR 2K21! Play against the in-game pros on beautifully recreated courses, play against your friends locally and online**, or take part in full seasons and tournaments with Online Societies. Design and share your ultimate golf course with tons of customization options in the Course Designer. The download version of PGA TOUR 2K21 is available now from Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch and the game card version of the game will be released on September 25.
- The Long Dark: In this survival game, players are on their own on a journey through an icy wilderness in the aftermath of a geomagnetic disaster. WINTERMUTE Story Mode awaits players with an ice-cold story, while Survival Mode offers hours of permadeath fun. Experience a true survival journey when The Long Dark releases later today for the Nintendo Switch.
- BALAN WONDER WORLD: Players take on the role of Leo and Emma and must wear various costumes to unlock special abilities. For example, a gear skill costume allows them to open heavy doors or access new areas. There are over 80 costumes to collect in total and a player can carry up to three at a time. Switch costumes to collect crystals and statues throughout the levels. A two-player mode is also available! By combining costumes with friends, players can reach new places. BALAN WONDER WORLD makes its grand debut on Nintendo Switch on March 26, 2021.
- Run Factory 5: Build a new life and experience a grand adventure in this heartwarming RPG. Players take on the role of a young man or woman without any memories and are given the chance to start a new life as a forest ranger in the rural village of Rigbarth. Besides players having to protect the village, daily life consists of harvesting crops, fishing in the river and attending local festivals. They may even meet someone to date, fall in love with… and marry! The new combat system allows players to perform combo attacks with allies to defeat monsters. Start a new life in a fantasy world when Rune Factory 5 comes to Nintendo Switch in 2021.
More information will be provided about the next Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase in the future.
The latest Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase showcased MONSTER HUNTER RISE, a new game in CAPCOM’s action RPG series launching March 26, 2021 for Nintendo Switch, as well as MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin, an epic RPG adventure featuring many iconic monsters from the Monster Hunter series, also coming to Nintendo Switch in Summer 2021. Both titles were then showcased in greater detail in a Monster Hunter Direct special that aired immediately after the Partner Showcase. Other Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase highlights included Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Disgaea 6 and Fitness Boxing 2.