Wanderer comes to PS4/5, Switch and XBOX.
The Spanish independent publisher blitworks is pleased to announce that the roguelite platformer Vagrant launches today on XBOX One, Series S|X, PlayStation 4|5 and Nintendo Switch for €13.99. This is the first and only project released to date by the North American studio Nuke Nine, made up of three people, together with the composer Sam English.
Vagante is a challenging class-based roguelite with very combat-focused gameplay, taking inspiration from games like Spelunky classic and Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. The art uses desaturated but warm colors, in a somewhat grungy style, influenced by titles like Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story. On their quest for priceless treasure, up to 4 players can band together, locally or online, and take on dangerous dungeons inhabited by ferocious creatures and dangerous bosses.
After 5 years of development, the PC version of the game has been very well received by gamers, with over 3,000 user reviews on Steam, 90% of them positive. The community has been growing steadily since 2014, first thanks to Kickstarter and later thanks to early access and word of mouth.
- Support for up to 4 players local and online co-op: get together with your friends and go on an adventure!
- Class-based, choose how to play – Choose a class, equipment and unique characteristics for your character, fine-tune your hero’s abilities even further as you play with the class abilities of your choice at each level.
- Procedurally Generated Dungeons – With procedurally generated levels, no two playthroughs are the same, allowing for countless hours of gameplay.
- Permanent and Permadeath Specialization Unlock System – As players progress through the adventure they will be offered a wider range of playstyles, your character will not be technically stronger upon death, but your experience and learning will make your skills improve over time.
- Enchanted Items – Discover magical items that will endow you with powerful enchantments and game-changing abilities.
- Discover Secrets – Keep track of unlocked classes, features, music, and more in the Book of Secrets.
- Explore an amazing world – Four unique areas, each with their own dangers, such as monsters, unique bosses, and traps.
- Difficult but Fair – Designed for players looking for a challenging yet rewarding experience.
FEEDBACK FROM PLAYERS AND CONTENT CREATORS
Almost unlimited replayability. I managed to put over 1000 hours into this game because it keeps putting me in unique scenarios even though the level generation variety isn’t that great. Not only are there many combinations, the gear is so random that you’ll get very different stats and perks to use at various points in the game.” – Max9999
“I highly recommend it. Vagante belongs in the collection of any independent gamer worth their salt. This game will be very fun for you. Also, it’s very difficult.” – Splattercat
“It has the depth and challenge of Binding of Isaac with the satisfaction and fun of Spelunky” – Game Taco
“One of the toughest and most unforgiving games, but incredibly rewarding, dynamic and innovative. I played it mostly co-op with my partner and it gave us hundreds of hours of fun.” – Dr Harmful
You can see the trailer in the following LINK.
Rate this post