What is the most up-to-date Google Maps?.
What is the most up-to-date Google Maps? Google Maps is a web server that offers hundreds of thousands of data regarding the spatial situation from almost 200 million countries around the world. It is one of the most important tools in this field of information, having more than a billion queries daily.
This level of importance has made googlemaps In a fundamental tool, for example, every day, millions of drivers consult it to be able to move without problems and thus face traffic jams or take alternative routes, in case any problem arises. This is just a small example of what Google Maps can do.
This implies that the information provided by this server must remain as up-to-date as possible. Although the rate of update of this tool It is not entirely known, in this article you will find a few tips that will illustrate how this process is carried out and which are the sources that carry it out.
Where does Google Maps data come from?
- Google Maps has more than thousand sources differences between public and private institutions. Organizations such as the United States Geological Institute, NASA, the Institute of Statistics and Geography of Mexico, among many others.
- Regarding satellite images, the vast majority of them are provided by Landsat missions. The last of them, Landsat 8 is the one that is currently delivering images to Google Maps.
- However, the periodicity of these images is not short, in fact, at the time of consultation of the satellite view in Maps, it is possible that this corresponds to an image captured between one and three years before.
- Above all, because the capture of images by satellites faces the problem of cloudiness, so before being available, they must be submitted to the control processes of quality and suitability.
- Other sources Google Maps data are private companies, individuals, drones, climate models, among others.
How up to date is Google Maps kept?
Updating the content partly it is constant and partly it is not. As stated in previous paragraphs, the satellite information is not available at the moment, since the images must be submitted to evaluation, and this can take some time.
Regarding other types of informationthe server receives almost 20 million entries daily and around 200 contributions per second on the state of communication routes such as highways, trains, subways, traffic jams and the transport situation in general.
Also, keep up to date practically at the moment about businesses, shopping centers, restaurants and almost any kind.
Many of these inputs are provided by common users.
The last big update of Google Maps
In mid-2020, Google announced one of the biggest updates you have made for Google Maps. This update consisted of improving the details of vegetation and other natural aspects that can be found on Google Maps. In addition to this, some cities also received updates regarding more detailed information on their streets.
This update brought a greater possibility to see beaches, forests, lakes and many types of natural locations.