Update (01/28/2020): As mentioned below, players were worried about what would happen to Flampion after the event.
Niantic has now commented on Eurogamer and confirmed that Flampion will remain in the game after the Lunar New Year event ends.
You can then catch Flampion in the wild as well as hatching 10 km of eggs.
The Lunar New Year event started in Pokémon Go last week, but not without problems.
One of the bonuses of the event has been announced to increase the chances of a luck exchange when trading with other trainers.
This bonus does not appear to be active within the first 24 hours after start.
The Silph Road analyzes indicate that was the case. After 24 hours, the number of Lucky Pokémon registered during the trade doubled, indicating that Niantic recognized the error at the time.
The event is now proceeding as planned. It doesn’t help players who traded Pokémon in the first 24 hours, as this is only possible once.
Likewise, players are concerned about the introduction of Flampion, which is hatched from eggs. Depending on the players, the odds are too low and other new Pokémon such as Pottrott, Vulpix or Tarnpignon hatch from 7km eggs, which players tend not to want.
This allows players to discuss breeding mechanics again, especially since the inclusion of such Pokémon that hatch from eggs further reduces the chances of an ultra-rare Pokémon.
Source: The Silph Road, The Silph Road, Reddit, Reddit
Other Pokémon Go tips:
- All the information on the next community day on Pokémon Go
- Pokémon Go Battle League Explains: Ranks, Rewards, Seasons & How You Fight
- Pokémon Go: all memories in a list and how they work
- Pokemon Go: best Heatran counterattacks, weaknesses and attacks explained
- Pokémon Go: Tips and Counterattacks for Fighting Giovanni, Rewards and Legendary Pokémon Crypto Explained
- Pokémon Go: the best counterattack to beat Rocket Boss Sierra
- Pokémon Go: the best counterattack to defeat Rocket Boss Cliff
- Pokémon Go: the best counterattack to defeat the Rocket Arlo boss
- Pokémon Go: Map and list of all regional Pokémon – where you can catch Jiutesto, Karadonis, Mérou, Maracamba, Symvolara and everyone else
- Pokémon Go: defeating Regigigas in EX raids – All information for the fight
- Pokémon Go: Shiny List and All Shiny Pokémon at a Glance
- Pokémon Go: Develop Eevee – with names for the 4th generation
Source: Twitter Feeds