After some leaks detailing the renovation of the Xiaomi camera, we already know the future aspect of this application, as well as some of its new features: A Xiaomi manager was in charge of anticipating all the details, including the dates when the update can be installed.
Some Xiaomi phones are about to completely renew their software with the latest version of their custom layer, MIUI 12. This layer is official, there is even a phone that will go on the market with it, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth Edition. . Renewed appearance, added functions and a good part of Xiaomi applications that benefit from the update, such as the camera application: We already know what the future Xiaomi mobile capture app will look like. Even those who get it first.
Scene cloning, kaleidoscope and more
The new capture app is associated with MIUI 12 and will arrive on Xiaomi phones that update with this version of the layer (currently only on Chinese and beta phones). As confirmed by the director of the camera department on Weibo, the brand has renewed the capture software to improve its appearance, its operation but also to offer new features, most intended for a fun capture of photography and photography. video.
The new MIUI 12 camera renews its interface to make it more dynamic while facilitating the control of several capture options. It is also possible customize accent color, the one with which the active functions are activated. The aesthetic renewal is in line with the spirit that Xiaomi applies to all MIUI 12s.
In addition to the interface design, Xiaomi takes the opportunity to include the following new features in the photographic application:
- Buttons can be arranged to adapt the camera interface.
- Simultaneous recording of rear and front cameras. In the resulting video, you can combine the views and size of each recording.
Combine rear and front cameras into one video
- Kaleidoscope Mode (Magic Kaleidoscope)– The image is broken down into different visual patterns, such as those seen through a kaleidoscope.
- Mode Clone (Magic Clone): With this mode, you can create video and photo compositions by joining two clips to make them appear as one.
- Six new static effects for the sky. Dynamic effects are also introduced.
- New augmented reality filters for portraits.
In addition to anticipating the news of the application, the director of the Xiaomi Camera Department has advanced the first mobiles that will have the new MIUI 12 capture application. Dates and models are for China: We don’t know when the update (and MIUI 12 itself) will arrive in the rest of the international territories.
First wave: April 2020
- Xiaomi Mi 10.
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro.
- Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Explorer Edition.
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G.
- Xiaomi Mi 9 SE.
- Redmi K20 Pro et K20 Pro Premium Edition.
- Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition.
- Redmi K30 Pro et K30 Pro Zoom Edition.
- Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro.
- Redmi Note 7 Pro.
- Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Xiaomi Mi CC9.
Second wave: May 2020
Third wave: June 2020
- Redmi K20.
- Redmi K30 (4G and 5G).
- Xiaomi Mi CC9e.
- Redmi 8.
- Redmi 8A.
- Redmi 7.
- Redmi 7A.